BridgeNet2, v1.0.0 | A blazing fast networking library for Roblox

idk i used the same datas with remotes and bridgenet2

i was sending it every frame, with remotes 5.5recv while with bridgenet2 i had 7 recv

i’m making a tower defense game, and i found that sending remotes like that is far more efficient in therm of recv (no ideas why) than most other methods (ex: sending a remote when a single tower shoots), i basically just send every tower that are attacking in the current frame to the client by like “parenting” each towers id to the enemy id they are going to attack.

here in the image i’m sending it using bridgenet2 which somehow gives me worse recv than using a normal remote (i already said earlier the difference). No idea if it is due to some limit in therm of speed or smth like with remotes

Have you tried sending arrays instead of dictionaries? I believe that’s where BridgeNet will outperform remotes.

If there’s a bug with this I’m cooked I wrote my whole game with BridgeNet :pray:

use Warp instead its 40% faster than bridgenet also bridgenet is discontinued i believe.

bridgenet2 is not discontinued, its just the OP (original poster) rarely update or forgot to update it on devforum, but it updates on Discord Server (Roblox OSS Community) & Github.

ok

This text will be blurred

This is still supported, it’s just that there’s not many updates I can do to BridgeNet2.
I released a new networking library named ByteNet that supersedes BridgeNet2 though, based on buffers.

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH for this networking library. The improvements are HUGE, especially when firing from client to server, its not even CLOSE.

When I was firing 140 blank remotes from client to server each frame, my ping spiked to 9k ms, the sent was about 125kb/s. And after using BridgeNet2 my ping only spiked to like 60ms max, and the sent was only about 40kb/s.

1 Like

If other modules are repeatedly loading I think that gives you your answer

that’s fair, (yeah it was a stupid question) just wanted to confirm. Thanks for your insight :+1:

No problem, hope you fix the issue👋

yep i tried, still was worse somehow

That sucks then. You can try using buffer modules like Zap or ByteNet which perform much better than BridgeNet2.

ok i’ll try those, thanks for the help

How would you go as to use :Wait instead of :Connect?

Hi. So, while working with BridgeNet, I came across something that I can’t call a bug, but it NEED to be fixed

so, I have a defibrillator that has server and local scripts located in the tool. they establish a connection with each other, and everything would be fine, but every time after “disconnecting” one of the bridges (for example, the death of a character. after his death, when the defibrillator is equipped and two NEW defibrillator usage bridges are created) the event on the server is triggered more and more often

For example, an event on server is usually triggered once. If a player dies with a defibrillator in his hands, the event will be triggered twice on further use and so on.

if someone has a similar problem, then please help with advice

heres the code

-- Client side

local DefUseEvent = BridgeNet.ReferenceBridge("DefibUse")

--no context needed
DefUseEvent:Fire()

Server side

DefUseEvent:Connect(function(plr)

print(plr) -- prints two times is player died with def in hands
end)

Why are you having a server script inside a tool? That’s your own user error. Have a singular script handling it in serverscriptservice.

3 Likes

Is there no automatic :FireAllInRange() feature as there were in V1?

Is there a way to bridge a RemoteFunctions?