Bring back developer events

I cant fit this post into the format, I’ll still focus on the problems

In the days before the metaverse, Roblox would run events that gave developers the freedom to show off their games through developer events. The problem is now that Roblox seems to have forgotten about these events with the only developer event last being hosted in 2021.

While these events tended to be selective, it gave developers a reason to put their games out there and get them more traction, however now, the only events that are being showcased are sponsored “experiences” such as Walmartland, or god forbid, shavetopia.

Lets take a developer run event, RB Battles, this event has gained loads of traction online, however, if you weren’t looking in the right places, you wouldn’t even know it’s happening, and yet, as I said before, Roblox’s “sponsored” events are pushed to the top of the website. Roblox supported it in 2020, however, now, there’s been no recognition of it from Roblox.

Developer Events were a win-win for everyone involved, Roblox would gain more traction during the period of the event, Star Creators and regular Youtubers covering the events with videos such as “how to get” videos gaining massive traction, and the developers, as mentioned countless times, bringing attention to their game for a short period of time

Please bring back developer events that allowed devs to put their games out there, whatever happened to that 2019 Developer Event roadmap that everyone wanted?

16 Likes

I remember when I was younger and still believed Roblox was a Minecraft clone with lego graphics, everybody I knew talked about the upcoming egg hunt (and John Dough). It’s a huge attention grabber and is part of the reason why I was curious to try out Roblox in the first place.

So, yes, please add events back.

5 Likes

If events are too big of an undertaking for Roblox, fine, I have no issue with that.

Let developers host their own events and platform those events, like you did with RB Battles in 2020. The big events could then be endorsed and featured in the Events tab alongside your “sponsored experiences”

3 Likes

If egg hunts (and badge hunts) aren’t coming back and if the Bloxys is heavily downsized then I wouldn’t mind them doing a new form of live-ops even though some of the regular events (such as “around the world”) being cancelled is probably a big reason we didn’t like Live-Ops (apart from the fact Roblox refused to make catalog items for the developer-made events).

1 Like