Bring back Devforum Name

Hello my GANGs today I would like to request about the roblox devforum’s new title for the forum,

For some reason I’m a bit troubled about the new title for devforum which is Forums,
The name Forums reminds us of the old feature of Roblox Forum, I’m afraid someone misunderstands the difference between Forums and devforum, they think Roblox Forum is back.

And the name Devforum itself has a symbol that the name devforum is devoted to dev and not roblox forum.

Therefore I suggest changing the name of this forum to its old name, devforum so that there are no misunderstandings

Thank you.

4 Likes

There is no difference anymore considering #development-discussion is the new OT/anything goes section solely due to lack of moderation, and the fact it’s insanely inconsistent when there is any.

If moderation actually either did their job or had the rules rewritten to accurately reflect what is being enforced, then this wouldn’t be an issue, but it’s a cycle of bad post getting allowed > influencing new users to make similar posts > repeat

4 Likes

Are you saying I made a pre-made Post?
The same one talks about Forum Names

1 Like

It’s more effective to look at what was posted before than read the rules to know what should and should not be said…

Even if #development-discussion isn’t always about development precisely, the subjects and discussions are often development oriented (ie not the kind of things normal players would talk about), as, well, the community of the forum is developers

3 Likes

You might have seen that we added the unified navigation of Creator Hub to the forum recently. In general the forum will have creator branding (e.g. scroll up and see “Creator Hub”) and the domain name and tab contains “developer” so it should be fairly clear what the forum is for. :slightly_smiling_face:

For now we’ll keep it as “Forum” (we’re updating “Forums” > “Forum” soon) and see how it goes.

@cpguy5089 your comment feels a little off-topic and overly critical vs. what I see in the category, which is actually mostly if not all creator-facing topics just from a quick scroll looking at the topic titles.

I think the gap there is not the area of discussion but more that it’s hard for you to filter for conversations that match your skill level and interests. This is a known problem but not currently prioritized. I recommend filing separate feature requests if you see any problems with your use of Roblox products that we should know about.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.