Bring real world creation to your experience with Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG) improvements [Beta]

There’s an issue where scaling PartOperations doesn’t apply when using GeometryService In-experience. I remember seeing someone post about this a while back but I can’t seem to find the post.

1 Like

Hello!

I’m having a few issues with the new GeometryService API currently since sometimes when I try to split apart an object with SubtractAsync and SplitApart enabled, it’ll act like it was cut but the parts wont separate unless it gets cut again. The part does not have any constraints. (This issue only happens sometimes, so not guaranteed)

Another issue I’m having is that when I cut a part in half, it won’t keep the attachments no matter what I set the tolerance value to, unless it’s connected to a constraint.

Most of the code used to test this was derived from the rbxl files you guys provided for us.

Hi @thom463s,
We just released a bunch of updates that fixed a bunch of issues (along with some performance improvements).

To make sure i understand the issue with the attachments without constraints. You’re adding an attachment that does not have any constraint attached to it but you want it to propagate also and currently it’s not doing that?

~BelgianBikeGuy

Edit: More CSG Updates

I apologize for the late reply, apparently my message was saved as a draft instead of sending it.

Yes.

To explain more clearly;
If you add an attachment onto a base part without it being connected to any constraints, it won’t persist or stay after you perform an operation on it (I used SubtractAsync with SplitApart enabled).

The table CalculateConstraintsToPreserve returns will only return attachments that are already connected to a constraint. This behaviour probably makes sense given the name of the method but if attachments could be preserved without the need of a constraint, it would be very convenient.

Hey @thom463s,
We’ve identified the issue, agree it should behave as you described and have a fix ready for it, it should be out soon ™ pending QA and release schedule.

~BelgianBikeGuy

1 Like

On an unrelated note, I’ve managed to make some cool demos with this API. I’m planning to use it for other aspects in my game since my game is fully centered around customization and physics.

I’m glad that we are finally getting some more support for CSG-related features.