Broken Assets: Failed to resolve Texture Format (shown with 2 computers)

So because this bug is still effecting me, I am going to show exactly what the bug is as clear as possible. I am using a Decal that was not made by me, as the glitch doesn’t seem to occur based off whether I published the asset or not.

First, I have Computer A, which is the computer I have been having this issue with for about a month now.

As you can see, the decal has failed to load. In the output, the error “Failed to resolve texture format” is there with the decals corresponding ID.

Now, here’s Computer B. This is in the exact same place but just on a different computer, and is logged in with the same roblox account. They are also both on the same Wi-Fi connection.

As you can see, the decal has loaded absolutely fine without any errors in the output. I have also tried this on 3 other computers with completely different specs, and it all works.

Although I am showing a decal, Computer A is also failing to load various Unions, Sounds, Decals, and Meshes. On Computer A, I have tried completely deleting the ROBLOX folder in Local, uninstalling the roblox application, and reinstalling it to see if that would solve the issue. It did not. If there is a more “advanced” way of uninstalling Roblox where I should try uninstalling certain folders that I don’t know about, then I would try that.

The only connection between all these assets not loading is that all that assets that fail to load were in this place. I have not had any assets fail to load that were not in this place. If you would like edit permissions for it or a file copy of the place itself, DM me.

If you need any more information, ask me for it. I hope this issue can be resolved soon, it has completely impaired my ability to develop.

Also if you need it, here are Computer A’s specs.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Various Unions, FileMeshes, and Animations not loading for my computer’s specific Client