Bubble Chat drawing incorrectly when Camera isn't centered

Heya! I’ve been writing my own Camera script for my next game, which will feature an over-the-shoulder perspective. After turning bubble chat on, I realized that the text bubbles appear to offset incorrectly on screen:

I’ve created a blank baseplate with the Camera script and other scripts/guis dependent on it here: Over-Shoulder-Cam Repro - Roblox

5 Likes

I want to bring this up again because it doesn’t feel fair that I have to choose between having bubble chat in my game, and having the camera I intend players to experience my game with. This unintended behavior is really harming how I want to approach making my game. :slightly_frowning_face:

As a temporary fix you could fork the BubbleChat script and change the StudsOffset used in SetBillboardLODNear
Change:

billboardGui.StudsOffset = Vector3.new(0, isLocalPlayer and 1.5 or 2.5, isLocalPlayer and 2 or 0.1)

To:

billboardGui.StudsOffset = Vector3.new(0, isLocalPlayer and 1.5 or 2.5, 0.1)
3 Likes

I’m also having this issue. My use case is Chat:Chat(NPC.Head, “Please center me”).

Wondering if temporary fix means that future BubbleChat script will have this change included? Would prefer not to fork Roblox scripts.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.