Bubble Chat is broken on Voice Enabled experiences

Reproduction Steps

1. Join any Voice Enabled experience, which has Bubble Chat enabled. For example, Catalog Avatar Creator or Pls Donate
2. Type a message in the Roblox Chat

*You must have Voice Chat enabled on your account for this bug to occur

Expected Behavior

The message you typed in the chat should appear in a speech bubble above your character’s head

Actual Behavior

No chat bubble is displayed, and the Voice Chat Mute Toggle Bubble completely disappears too. The following error message gets output to the Dev Console:

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-16 00:02:00 (+00:00)

34 Likes

This was occurring in our game as well. We had to disable voice chat.

2 Likes

This is not a issue with games, it is a issue with cores. Had the issue last week on the socialteam branch i should have probably reported it.

1 Like

We still can’t edit core scripts iirc. So there’s nothing we can really do about it besides making a custom chat of our own.

Yeah I’m having the same problem, it starts to work for me initially, but once I start typing into the chat it just breaks and all the bubble chats I see now disappear.

6 Likes

Same issue here, and with something like emergency response liberty county, or any other games that only have bubble chat and vc, no text box, it’s an even bigger issue.

1 Like

Seeing this in games as well. It looks like old lua chat vs new lua chat behave differently

Our game has this issue as well. Some day the bubble chat and the new roblox chat will be open source :sob:

This issue is occurring in Roblox Talent Show. I, unfortunately, can’t disable voice chat as our voice chat servers are pretty popular and people enjoy singing and playing instruments as a talent.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Our engineering team are actively investigating.

We will follow up with more updates once resolved.

10 Likes

Thanks for your report, we are rolling out a fix for this issue.

12 Likes

Our engineering team has released a fix for this issue. Thanks again for filing the report!

9 Likes

To clarify, is this currently fixed or will it require another release?

Just got this error for NPC bubble chat:

It should be fixed for everything but Roblox Studio. What platform and version are you using?

1 Like

In looking at the about info, it looks like my Roblox may’ve still had a process open and wouldn’t update. After closing it all and rebooting, I cannot repro this. Sorry for any confusion. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.