Bubble Chat is enabled but it's not working?

Hi, I’m not sure if this should be in the Game Design Support section but I didn’t know what else to put it in. I want to add Bubble Chat on my game.

It isn’t working & idk why…

I’ve tried to enable it by copy & pasting ClientChatModules into the chat service & making the

module.BubbleChatEnabled = true

in the ChatSettings. Also I’ve ticked the box bubblechatenabled
but it still doesn’t work.

Any help would be appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you purposely forking the Lua Chat System for any specific reason? You should be able to enable BubbleChat by simply ticking off the box in the ChatService singleton, as you did. There is no need to modify the the chat modules to allow for BubbleChat.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I only changed the script because it wasn’t working when I ticked the box so I tried to find another way.

bubblechatnotenabled
I found this in the Players properties but it won’t let me tick the box?

Hmm. That’s odd. Can you send a video of this happening, including all of the properties you’ve changed? Again, you should only have needed to change BubbleChatEnabled, but as you said, you did that, so I’m very confused.

1 Like

I’m sorry but it’s not letting me upload the video on the DevForum, I’ve been waiting for hours & tried to send a shorter video but it’s still not working. I’ve uploaded it on YouTube instead & unlisted it: Private BubbleChat video - YouTube

Test the game on roblox studio click on the “chat” iconimage
(While the game is still running)
and click on “ClientChatModules” copy it and then stop game the game from running now while the game is not running go on “chat” and right click it and click paste into and then open “ClientChatModules” and delete everything in it except “ChatSettings” double click it and go on line 27 and after the “=” change it to true from “PlayersService.ClassicChat” And here’s a video showing you how to do it Hope it helps!

:+1:

1 Like

I am honestly still confused, but try out what @Il_lr did. He may be onto something, though I still don’t see why you would need to go through all of that trouble just to enable BubbleChat.

As for your NPC bubble chat, I don’t believe that should affect your players’ bubble chat at all since the Lua Chat System is used exclusively for client/server chat communication.

2 Likes

Thanks for both of your help… I’ve just realised that I’ve had BubbleChat this whole time but the speech bubble is very high up above my head for some reason…? I’m sorry for bothering you lol

That still isn’t normal? Hnmm that’s weird

1 Like

Have you tried testing it in-game?

1 Like

If the problem still is not fixed try using this script and put it in “ReplicatedFirst”

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat")
ChatService:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
	return {BubbleChatEnabled = true}
end)
1 Like

Yes, I have tested it in-game but it’s the same.

Thanks, I’ve added your script, it doesn’t seem to change anything as I figured out that BubbleChat was already enabled but the speech bubble is super high up above my head for some reason.

Have you tried disabling normal bubble chat and using a custom one.

This may have fixed the issue but I genuinely don’t know.

Please don’t pick the bubble chat in the toolbox as those are breaking the roblox tos for not filtering words.

1 Like

Thanks for this but it just randomly started working, I think it was a glitch!