BUG - Material Manager - Failed to Upload PBR Textures

Hello everyone,

For several days now, I have been encountering an error in the Material Manager that prevents me from uploading textures. Is anyone else aware of this problem or is there possibly already a solution for it?

Here are some additional details that might be helpful:

• I have tried to reproduce the problem on various maps.
  • I have tested various resolutions (from 1k to 4k).

Please note that this is specifically an error in the Material Manager. Alternative solutions, such as uploading the texture separately in a part, are not a suitable solution for me.

Thank you in advance for your support.

11 Likes

like are you unable to upload the images separately? or is it just an inconvenience?

Have you tried…

• updating studio
  • disabling beta features that could interfere with the material manager
  • uploading an image that looks vastly different
  • tried on a different account

have you ever uploaded materials before? Are you trying to upload them all at once? (you gotta do it one image at a time)
if all else fails you are in for the biggest copy-paste session of your week (unless you’ve had bigger)

you can import a bunch of images using the Asset Manager. you can access them from the texture property of any part :point_up_2: or copy them directly from there :point_down:

for better organization, make sure all your images have sensible naming conventions. (Ex. Grass1Normal Grass1Color or Brick1Normal Brick1Color) so you know what images go with what material. There is also a recently uploaded tab in the asset manager so if you wanna upload one image set at a time, you can access them from there without them getting all crowded in the image tab.

3 Likes

Yes, I did it exactly as in this video. I tried it with other names, but both didn’t work. I can try importing it via the asset manager.

This is a current error in Roblox. It can be bypassed by uploading the textures as images in the Asset Manager and then inserting the ID of these images into the URL fields of the Material Manager. A special thanks goes to @Hazelfluff for this solution.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.