Bug wizard discoverability/user experience should be improved

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too difficult to initiate the bug wizard.

Currently, I have to navigate to any category within #bug-reports and click the button from there, from the categories page.

This is unlike the flow for creating a topic in any other category and feels inconvenient and hard to find.

Ideally, developers who can report bugs could use the composer and the wizard could be an option in the dropdown, which would open the page.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because I could remember how to report a bug whenever I experience one without struggling to find it for a couple of minutes, and if the suggestion above is implemented, the flow for making posts on the forum could be centralized.

11 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Agreed the current setup isn’t great since the button also doesn’t appear in certain contexts where you might expect to be able to enter the bug report flow (e.g. category selector when writing a new topic).

One focus area we’ll be looking into in the next few quarters if we can reduce the number of steps and friction points in the bug reporting flow. This is definitely something we’ll look into addressing as part of that, possibly even allowing you to submit bug reports without needing to navigate to the forum first at all.