Build Mode Camera Broken

Hello Everybody! I currently have a Build Mode System I am working on and basically the camera currently has few controls which include moving it back and fourth. And rotating the Camera using the mouse. Both work fine, but when both are being used at the same time, when the input ends it seems to move the camera the opposite direction of the camera (Please note their is a input ended function that does handle when input ends) The code is down below, KEEP IN MIND IT ISN’T THE FULL SCRIPT, thanks!

-- Variables 
local WPressed, SPressed = false, false
local APressed, DPressed = false, false
local CFrameValue = CFrame.new()
local CameraAngle = 0 
local Camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
--- RenderStepped Function 
RS.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	GetClosestE()
	if ClosestPart ~= nil then
		if IsBuilding.Value == true and BuildManager.BuildMode("CheckBarrier", ClosestPart.Parent, Camera.CFrame * CFrameValue) == true then
			Camera.CFrame = Camera.CFrame * CFrameValue * CFrame.Angles(0, CameraAngle, 0)
		end
	end
end)
-- Input Began 
UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(Input, Gameproccessed) 
	if not Gameproccessed and IsBuilding.Value == true then
		if Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.W and WPressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Up and WPressed == false then
			WPressed = true
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.RightVector * -0.15
		elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.A  and APressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Left and APressed == false then
			APressed = true
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.LookVector * -0.15  
		elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.S and SPressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Down and SPressed == false then
			SPressed = true
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.RightVector * 0.15   
		elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.D and DPressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Right and DPressed == false  then
			DPressed = true
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.LookVector * 0.15 
		end
	end
end)
--- Input Ended 
UIS.InputEnded:Connect(function(Input, Gameproccessed)
		if Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.W and WPressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Up and WPressed == true then
			WPressed = false
			CFrameValue =  CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.RightVector * -0.15
		elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.A  and APressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Left and APressed == true then
			APressed = false
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.LookVector * -0.15
		elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.S and SPressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Down and SPressed == true then
			SPressed = false
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.RightVector * 0.15 
		elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.D and DPressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Right and DPressed == true  then
			DPressed = false
			CFrameValue = CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.LookVector * 0.15 
		end
	end
end)
--- Mouse Script
local MouseMove
Mouse.Button2Down:Connect(function()
	if IsBuilding.Value == true then
		MouseMove = Mouse.Move:Connect(function()
			UIS.MouseBehavior = Enum.MouseBehavior.LockCurrentPosition
			CameraAngle = UIS:GetMouseDelta().X/4700
		end)
		local Connection
		Connection = Mouse.Button2Up:Connect(function()
			MouseMove:Disconnect()
			CameraAngle = 0 
			UIS.MouseBehavior = Enum.MouseBehavior.Default
			Connection:Disconnect()
		end)
	end
end)
1 Like

I described your issue here, you even marked the thread as solved.

This was due to it got no attention so I waited for a new post to be made. Also it was made clear your answer was NOT the solution.

I’m not referring to my first response regarding your memory leak issue (which was a huge problem), I’m referring to my second response about how you need to be calculating the destination CFrame within the event loop and not just when the key is first pressed (such that it dynamically updates as the camera is rotated).

That also wouldn’t work due to it has a inputended and it is constantly moved using a renderstepped

RS.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
   GetClosestE()
   if ClosestPart ~= nil then
   	if IsBuilding.Value == true and BuildManager.BuildMode("CheckBarrier", ClosestPart.Parent, Camera.CFrame * CFrameValue) == true then
   		Camera.CFrame = Camera.CFrame * CFrameValue * CFrame.Angles(0, CameraAngle, 0)
   	end
   end
end)

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(Input, Gameproccessed) 
   	if Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.W and WPressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Up and WPressed == false then
   		print("hi")
   		WPressed = true
   	elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.A  and APressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Left and APressed == false then
   		APressed = true
   		CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.LookVector * 0.15  
   	elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.S and SPressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Down and SPressed == false then
   		SPressed = true
   		CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.RightVector * -0.15   
   	elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.D and DPressed == false or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Right and DPressed == false  then
   		DPressed = true
   		CFrameValue = CFrameValue + Camera.CFrame.LookVector * -0.15 
   	end
   end
end)

UIS.InputEnded:Connect(function(Input, Gameproccessed)
   	if Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.W and WPressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Up and WPressed == true then
   		WPressed = false
   		CFrameValue =  CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.RightVector * 0.15
   	elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.A  and APressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Left and APressed == true then
   		APressed = false
   		CFrameValue = CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.LookVector * 0.15
   	elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.S and SPressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Down and SPressed == true then
   		SPressed = false
   		CFrameValue = CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.RightVector * -0.15 
   	elseif Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.D and DPressed == true or Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Right and DPressed == true  then
   		DPressed = false
   		CFrameValue = CFrameValue - Camera.CFrame.LookVector * -0.15 
   	end
   end
end)

I’m referring to these calculations, they need to be performed as frequently as possible (as the camera’s CFrame changes), so the camera’s initial RightVector (when the key is first pressed) is going to be different to the camera’s end RightVector (when the key is released) providing the camera has rotated between the two actions.

Wow, thanks so much. It worked! Sorry it took so long to get a response, had to get some food and then code your idea.