Builders: Share your build progression from first build, to a latest build!

My work has changed alot through the last 3 years (I would Like to say) I’ve been building. One of the first things I made was a Destroyed Building (which from the old Twitter post I made back in 2017 says about 2014-2015 Though I’m probably wrong)

I don’t remeber when I made it but It must be Around sometime when I First really started getting into studio and making my own stuff. Before hand I was one of those people who went through the free-models page mostly just looking at cool stuff people had uploaded to the site.

From there I became a fan of a roleplaying game By the name of After the flash And most of my builds for some time were somehow connected to them. Most of the time they contained stuff that was already released for people to use but I still thought they looked pretty good after some time.

One of the first builds I made using an open source propkit 2017

From here on Is when I was really into studio and trying to make my own thing, Though still using an free-model props and aswell as making stuff that were still related to After The Flash. Even though most of the work was done I started to familerize myself with the tools in roblox studio and how to do all types of stuff related to building. (Like hot-keys and such)

A Ship using part of my own stuff and mostly the kit still

Looking back at these I kinda want to go back and do them originnally with my own style I have now.
After this one I had two more big things I did. From this point on I started trying to make my own things, after using that free kit for so long. Some of the first things I started making were the buildings for a town.

But, Still nothing too crazy. atleast to what I think

The rest of that map contains stuff that were still from the free-model page with the exception of a few of my own builds within.

rest of the map

I Am pretty open to saying that I used Free-models back then becuase Thats before I really knew that It was really looked down-upon by some for using it. As for the other build it was a build contest that I entered with Someone who Is now I would say Is a close friend of my who still works on games himself. Both this build and the build above were from 2018 thought I should also mention that

Build Contest Game

From here I also Did rebuild that First Build That I remembered making If I do sayso myself For 2018 me It still stands pretty good

After awhile I took a break and then came back doing some smaller builds, Nothing too crazy
This was also around the time of July 2018 fo the 2018 RDC. Though I never attended the 2018 RDC I watched it all from home very interested in what was shown there.

Builds Round the time of 2018 RDC

this last one here was made with that same friend for another build contest

After some of the builds around the time of 2018 RDC I Really got into Posing the R15 Characters Into Statues of sorts. Weather it be with Morphs I found On free-models (Since I feel like I can’t make an perfect re-creation of The 3DMG gear from Attack on titan)
Those and some builds can be seen here-

Builds Late 2018

2019 though Has been one of the biggest year for me and one of the best, I met someone who has been more than helpful with developing with me @radlif (He makes some awesome stuff on the side awell!). This was also the year of my First RDC and it was such a blast and gave me a new passion for building.

One of the proudest Achivments was making a Drivable Chicken!

Most of these photos are of a game i’ve been working on with Radlif called lakeside. showing progress of the game too now. The ones near the end are of a map I am Nearly finished with making.

image image image

Sorry If this post was a bit too long for your liking but I personally Liked the question and sorta never really told anyone of my progress, sure there are builds I might have glossed over but those are the main ones that I can and would like to share :smiley:

18 Likes

In my opinion, i came a long way

7 Likes

I really like your castle and other small build. Did you do it all in roblox studio or did you use plugins or other downloads?

6 Likes

It’s a mix of meshes / studio building :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Did u make them in blender? Charrr

7 Likes

Warning: I love castles.

Damn, I feel old lol.

67 Likes

In 2013/14 I made my first build: a hangout for my friends and I.

Then in 2016, I had taken an interest into ‘modern’ architecture. I started by looking into holiday cabins

Later that year, I decided to build a recording studio.

Fast forward 1 year to 2017, I had come back to Roblox after finishing exams and had utilized blueprints to build a house.

2018, I had been playing a lot of space related games and decided to build a palace of sorts. inspired by the game Formidable Obligations.

2019, I built a cyberpunk style showcase based off a drawing I had seen on artstation.

I’m looking forward to 2020, and what it may have to offer, especially now with all this free time.

37 Likes

Warning: I love race tracks

10 Likes

I am a man of culture like @paul2448

8 Likes

Not my first but one of the old ones that I actually recorded/still have access to this was around 2016/2017,

https://gyazo.com/424fa230a32339994ff6ce23ea6e2a38

This wasn’t too recent but this is around my skill range. (Currently)

https://gyazo.com/6ab0842d60750fe809bbd1dcb95e3986
https://gyazo.com/df7b3a6d4728dd78733a1fbcac905f93

All of these was done with pure roblox mechanic

33 Likes

How did you make that tree? :open_mouth: It looks amazing!

6 Likes

How did you add that reflection to the floor? It looks very amazing! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I’ve been building on Roblox since 2008. Here’s my progression!
First cars. 12 Years old!

A couple of years later. Porsche 962

In the year of 2012. A Maserati MC12

CSG first released. Decided to experiment. (I build cars with CSG from here on)

This is supposed to be a Porsche 917. Made in 2015

Noticeable improvements. A Gebhardt C91, Toyota TS010 and a Cheetah G606

Late 2018. Mazda RT-24

An actual Porsche 917

Of course I didn’t only make cars!

Building has always been a passion of mine and I don’t plan on stopping!

31 Likes

could I buy steam engine off of you?

4 Likes

First that I can find:

Latest:

34 Likes

Those reflections baked on? (char min)

4 Likes

No, it’s in the avatar evolution build.

6 Likes

Astonishing build, I could never :heart_eyes:

5 Likes