Builders: Share your build progression from first build, to a latest build!

Hi builders!

Would love to see pictures from your first build, builds from the middle, and a new build that you’ve made!

Feel free to share more than one build in the middle! Would love to see your progression!

I’ll post a sample post to begin with!

73 Likes

2009, first model I published. It’s a spaceship!

Trade Enterprise, 2011ish. First big “game”

Serene, 2012, EBR entry

Canyon Heights, 2016!

Bloxtober, 2019:

Overall, I think my building skill has stagnated over the last few years, as I’ve done more programming than building. :stuck_out_tongue:

47 Likes

My first build was actually 6 parts, it was a chair lol.
My third was getting into progression and even creating a full functioning game!

My latest build is low poly which I’m working on rn, screenshots below:

My best project is my realism project, screenshots below:

Btw hi @Zomebody

15 Likes

My first build was the old style of roblox

716d71d79148643b759cc755251d914a
Inside
RobloxScreenShot20190528_142911097

Middle build

image0

End build my last building I made before I really started getting into making music.

image0 (1)

Yes, I love squares

9 Likes

One of my first actual builds, vs my most recent build.

2015:

2019:

im also one of the dudes that talked to you at the end of our hq tour!

82 Likes

Although I joined in 2009 and started building soon after, I no longer have access to many of my early files, so I’ll start with the year 2014.

(Click to expand)

2014 - Mad Paintball: Tranquillity

2014 - Mad Paintball: Dusty Frontier

2015 - Alcor Island (my first EBR application)

2015 - Snow Brawl: Riverside Valley

2016 - Unofficial Egg Hunt

2017 - Combat League: Unnamed map

2018 - Roblox Deathrun: Surface Escape (remaster)

2019 - Firefly Quarry (EBR application)

30 Likes
Sometime in 2016-2017

Meanwhile in 2018

And We Return To Present Time

Man it was a pain trying to find those old files.

15 Likes

I did something like this for my ninth anniversary on Roblox!

Here’s a recreation of a build I would constantly do in those classic building games circa 2008:

Here’s the tweet I made it for, as well as an improvement I did in 2017:

As for my most recent work?

Mostly trees with more realistic textures and UGC stuff:

After nearly 12 years, I’ve come a long way - and still have quite a long way yet :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Hi! I joined in 2011. The earliest building I have on record is from late 2012. I only built to roleplay with my friends back then but then I fell in love with making games around the start of 2013 :slight_smile:

Earliest building I have on record:

Latest building: (technically a built a little building after this but this one was way more impressive) :slight_smile: (side note #2 all the plants and such were made by @Erythia the environmental artist of our latest project!!)

What I built after the castle :stuck_out_tongue: :

54 Likes

First: This first image shows the very first cluster of houses that were built for the 1867 game.

Middle: Since then, many more buildings have been added and the game has changed a great deal, with lighting effects, a road network, terraforming, basic gameplay and other additions. So much has been added that it’s barely recognisable as being the same game!

Latest: The very latest project was to add snow and Christmas effects for the festive season.

36 Likes

How did you get such a good reflection?

4 Likes

A very tiny glass part on top.

7 Likes

2014, first model I can remember making. It is supposed to be some sort of train wagon!

2015, first attempt at a showcase

Back to 2020, I think it is fair to say I improved quite a bit! This is the train for xJennyBeanx’ showcase!

My harbour showcase, which I want to submit to EBR when it’s done!

And finally, the map for Streamlined!

47 Likes

I don’t think this is the place for that. This is a showcase of how far developers have come in their building:

You could make that post in the building support category though :wink: If you want feedback for the price to sell it at is what I meant

3 Likes

No, he can’t, building support is for reviewing stuff or helping with bugs on builds. This is about people’s builds and progression.

4 Likes

I was talking about this portion of his post, not the rest of it.

3 Likes

I haven’t been building for long, so i don’t have much to show but i do have 2 builds I’ve been working on:

My first build

My second build that i’m currently working on

60 Likes

Wow! Those are amazing. You really capture a style I don’t see much on Roblox. I love the neon aesthetic so seeing someone who has executed it so flawlessly is a little breathtaking.

7 Likes

Not my first, it’d be impossible to find my classic “SURVIVE THE RING OF ELMOS” game form 2008… but here’s a pool I created from early 2010.

Middle picture was I believe from around 2014? Origins from Black ops 2.

More recent photos of my work would be from the Bloxy awards, misc commissions and my work on Vehicle Simulators new map.

61 Likes

Wow I absolutely love your work, especially the garage and hallway. You’re very talented!

5 Likes