Builders: Share your build progression from first build, to a latest build!

One of my projects still unfinished give feedbacks if you like to

https://gyazo.com/0403f2f18d841ba515c080a84e4ef7ee

https://gyazo.com/632e9f15a5cdad92c810bcfbbc0898ae

3 Likes

I changed the settings of the terrain water

5 Likes

I just found this, I know it will be easy to know which is the first.

with more time i could do it better

wow, everyone here is a professional and im here with only 1 year of experience.

3 Likes

I began playing Roblox in 2011, but started building in 2013. However, the only builds I had access to were from summer 2016 and 2017.

July 2016

A traditional Asian-themed house that just sort of… died. I don’t remember what I was trying to accomplish here.

August 2016

An office building from August of that year that I made for me and my alt-- I mean friends. It isn’t the best, but considering my average skill level back then it was pretty impressive.

June 2017

This was gonna be a full city, but was ultimately abandoned since I got bored of it.

Now

After a brief two-year pause in 2018 and 2019, I finally returned to building in 2020. This is an apartment that I’ve been working on for the past few weeks. It’s still not done.

If you want to know what my builds looked like in 2013, just imagine these but I didn’t know how to make bricks below one stud in length

Edit: for those of you who need explicit visuals, my first game in 2013 was a campground. Here’s a simple recreation of what the tents looked like
Annotation 2020-08-28 121336

4 Likes

your work looks good, 9 years in roblox? thats a lot of time

7 Likes

I began playing Roblox in 2019, and I started building a month ago, I’m a relatively new developer, but I enjoy building, and has build alot during my free time.

First Build

Latest Build

9 Likes

Woe, a month ago? I’m not even near your skill and I just started a few years ago! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Hello, i am Madmurder37 if you go to my roblox account i have 3 models i made this is my First model.

3 Likes

9bbeb4abcfd01cf46fa3b9652141c101
Hello, i am Madmurder37 if you go to my roblox account i have 3 models i made this is my second model.

3 Likes

8af3945a5bb685b645af478b2076a8d3
Hello, i am Madmurder37 if you go to my roblox account i have 3 models i made. This is my Third model.

4 Likes

First build
Annotation 2020-08-28 030153

Compared to now-ish
Annotation 2020-08-28 032105d
i never bothered fixing anything because it was more of something i made for fun one day

6 Likes

ive been working on a new type of game i think everyone will enjoy im not a good scripter but i am a decent builder
ive done it all myself but with alot of help i think id be better off to hire someone but i have no money or robux to pay

9 Likes

Did you use any tools for the planes? How did you make them?

2 Likes
Oldest Build

Newest Builds

image image

Sorry for being late, I just found this thread!

1 Like

Every one of my Union Pacific “Big Boy” models that I have saved.

Oldest to newest (Left to right)
Big gap between first and second one because the account all these besides the last one was built on got terminated. I only have a few saved.

The newest one runs best, and probably looks best too in my opinion.
The second one had the most features in it which made it interesting, unfortunately it never worked out the way I wanted it to.

Years: 2019 - 2020

My current project is a Rio Grande L-105.

9 Likes

My first build was a torch, literally a stick with fire on top of it and it wasn’t even anchored. lol

One of the builds in the middle is this little map right here :

Screenshot_1

And here is one of the most recent low poly maps i’ve been working on :

1 Like

Started roblox on my first account in 2013-2012, first build (2017)
Weird piece of RPG armor And a scythe

Latest build (2021)
Scythe and RPG armor (3 years later)

8 Likes

I didn’t “officially” start building until mid 2016 or so but i have projects way back to early 2014 that were just doodles imo

mid-late 2015

late 2016

late 2019-2020

and yes there is a gap between 2016 and 2019, that’s because i was working for johnnygadget between that time (well more like in late 17’ (of course as you can see i got better during that))

2019, my first thing that I made with the terrain editor. I don’t know what is is lol.

2020, a giant snowglobe.

2021, an interior of a diner in the desert

Bye and have a nice day! :wink:

6 Likes

-FIRST BUILDS

Two of my first ever builds, both maps for fps games. I had no idea how to script then, the guns and all were just free models.

After those, I pretty much quit development for a long time, since i thought making good games was an extremely easy thing. I was wrong, obviously.

-MID BUILDS
I decided to go back to development as I learned a lot more about scripting, building, etc, and also because I finally got a good PC instead of a 7 year old laptop that could run roblox at like 20 frames.

Those last two mid - builds is when I really got hooked on development. I was so proud of those!

-RECENT BUILDS

This city was about late 2020. Was pretty lazy building it honestly, not the best.

1 Like