Building a Basic car - Roblox kit doesnt really function

Hi, i’m now trying to make a car. Since I have no idea how to do this, I tried to make the Basic Car from the developer page of roblox (Building a Basic Car (roblox.com) ) but every time I am trying to complete it, the car does some weird stuff like driving sidewards… So, you would help very much me if you could send me a done and WORKING copy of the CarKit file and maybe explain a bit of it. Thank you!

Notice for Staff:

Sorry for duplicate, in “Building Support” they suggested me to post the topic in “Scripting Support”. You can delete the topic in building support if you want. Link: Roblox Basic car kit - Help and Feedback / Building Support - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

Yeah that tutorial didn’t work for me either. So I made my own tutorial instead:

1 Like

Well here is my solution to the basic car kit place file. I made it into a local script (to avoid server lag and see if it would still work) and tweaked the torque and speed a bit. Hope this helps.

CarKit (1).rbxl (57.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try that aswell, do I have to give credit for the model?

Nope, no credit needed. I made it in like 30 minutes so I really don’t care who uses it

1 Like