Building Challenge #1 - Wooden House

Hey cool creators, I wanna confess something, and that is, my builds suck. I watched a lot of videos about how to improve builds, and then I found out my weak points, which are Lighting, Texturing, Materials, Sizing, and Details. I’m not good at these. And because I’m not good at these things, my builds also suck.

So, I’m starting a challenge, in which I will be building at least one thing (anything from terrain, building, house, shop, tower, etc) every day until my small builds fill up the whole giant Roblox Baseplate.

I will be updating the game every day with new builds and also showcasing my builds here on DevForum for constructive criticism so that I improve in building and become a better builder.

I hope you will also help me improve my builds on this awesome journey!

So, this is my first build, I built it by watching a tutorial, I know I should make things from real-life examples but I just wanted to start with a tutorial. So I didn’t add many things because I didn’t get any ideas on what can I add, but I will improve on my next builds because I will be researching a bit for every build and making plans for them too.

You can check out the game here: Building Challenge - Roblox (The experience icon is generated by DALL-E by the way)

Outside

Inside 1

Inside 2

3 Likes

I must admit that the building is quite simple and empty, there’s still lot of room to improve, but I like the idea! Hope you improve and get good feedback from actual builders!

1 Like

The house looks incredibly bland. Imagine that is Your house. You wouldn’t just put a couch and a window, you might put some carpet, maybe a table, and a TV for starters. The couch looks incredibly boring with no pillows and hardly any detail. When building something, look at pictures of what you are building to get inspiration.

3 Likes

Here’s my suggestions:

• Add a rug.
  • Make windows bigger.
  • Where’s the coffee table in the middle?
  • Where’s the TV?
  • Where’s the other rooms? I thought this was a house.
1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t want to make an interior for it, because I didn’t have much time and it was my first tutorial. And I watched a tutorial on YouTube, I thought he will teach me how to build better, but the video wasn’t that great. But still, I uploaded it. I can’t edit it, but I can implement all of these feedbacks in my future builds.

try unions, thats all i got. I’m no builder either but try unions

I use unions sometimes on my builds, but I’m trying to change that into Blender meshes. Because I don’t want a lot of unions, because it will drop performance.

good choice, best of luck to your building! I know you’ll be an amazing builder one day.

1 Like