Building Challenge #10 - Golden Gate Bridge

Hey developers! Today I spent a lot of time learning and practicing to build. Today is the first time I used Terrain and PBR textures on my build in this challenge. It’s a famous bridge called the “Golden Gate Bridge” located in San Fransisco.

At first, I thought, it will be too hard. And I was gonna make something else, but suddenly I thought, let’s just take some risk. And I started building it. And I finished it too! It took me around 5 and a half hours to build this. I forgot to add a footpath and didn’t make it wider, that’s why I learned my lesson. And next time I will plan how it’ll look when it’s gonna be finished!

You can check out the previous builds of this challenge here. And you can check out the game here!

The real bridge reference:

Thanks for reading, any feedback is appreciated.

9 Likes

very nice inspiration, somewhat minimalist, but everything takes time, ¡amazing!

2 Likes

Just visited the game where all your builds are. They look really nice and you can definitely see how much you have improved since Day 1 to Day 10!

I will be sure to keep checking back on the game every so often to see how much you are improving!

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oo, I love seeing real life recreations in Roblox. You did a really good job on this! My only suggestion is to make it a bit bigger/to scale, it seems a little smaller than the reference image. Other than that, great job, I bet you could make a cool game out of this!

2 Likes

Yeah, when I googled “bridge”, I found out about this famous bridge, and then I watched some videos about it to get an idea of what it looked like. But I didn’t get enough idea of what the road looked like. And when I was almost at the end of the build, I found out that I didn’t make the road big and forgot to add a footpath. But this really taught me a lesson to do proper research before building!

2 Likes

Looks amazing well done, I’m curious how did you learn to build so professionally?

2 Likes

If it’s supposed to be minimalistic then it’s good but if it’s supposed to be realistic then you need to add a bunch of details, look up some references on google and add them. I suppose you’re a beginner so it looks great, keep up the good work

1 Like

Yeah, I’m bad at adding details. Sometimes I don’t get enough references and sometimes my brain ignores the details. But I will try to improve my details in builds!

Well, I just build every day. I don’t think it’s that professional! But I practice. If I practice more I’ll get there!

That’s good, actually it was pretty nice to see someone try to make that bridge too, I’m making one myself actually

1 Like