Building Challenge #17 - Modern Saloon

Hey developers, today I made a saloon build. It’s mostly interior-based, but I don’t think the exterior needs more things, but I think it does need some things like plants, and since I’m still learning Blender, I don’t know how to make plants. I will try making plants later since plants are a great way to decorate builds! I learned new tricks today! And I’ve almost finished the first line of the Baseplate!

The sofa was created really fast…

Tell me what you think about the design. Any feedback is appreciated!

You can check out the previous builds of this challenge here. And you can check out the game here!

3 Likes

Some suggestions for improving the appearance of a salon might include:

Adequate lighting: Make sure the lighting is appropriate for the salon environment. You could use ceiling lights or decorative lamps that add a stylish touch to the space.

Furniture and decoration: Choose elegant and comfortable furniture, such as salon chairs, tables and mirrors. Add decorations such as paintings or plants to give the room a warmer and more welcoming touch.

Appropriate range of colors: Choose a range of colors suitable for the beauty salon. Bright, cheery colors like pink, purple, and light green can create a feeling of energy and vitality, while softer colors like beige or white can create a more relaxing environment.

Fine Details: Add small fine details like scented candles, fluffy towels, cups of tea or coffee, and current magazines to make guests feel welcome and comfortable.

Themed zones: If you want a themed beauty salon, such as a men’s or women’s beauty salon, you can decorate it with specific items such as posters, decorative objects, or photographs.

3 Likes

Those are a lot of things I never thought of! Thanks for the suggestions! I will try adding them if I make a salon next time again! Or I might use some of them on other builds.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.

1 Like

Yeah, sure! I want to make a showcase of my own. And in that showcase, it will be a rainy day, at the home. And there will be a piano in the living room. The house will be kinda large. I’m thinking of this in my mind for quite a while. And I want to make that showcase come into reality. But I know in this situation I should just start, and add things on the way. But because I didn’t make any showcases before, and this is gonna be my first showcase, I need some help on what can I add to the house and some tips on showcases. It would be helpful if you give me some tips! Thanks!

You may want to look up the difference between a saloon and a salon.

1 Like

Yeah, I call it a saloon. I don’t know exactly what a salon is. But in my country, a saloon is a barbershop. And I made a saloon depending on how a saloon looks in my country :slight_smile:

1 Like

A saloon is a bar, associated with the American Wild West. A salon is usually where women get their hair or nails done. A barbershop is for men’s hair and beard grooming.

(the gendered examples are purely for simplicity)

1 Like

Ah, I learned about a saloon is a bar today. But in my country, people call a barber shop a “saloon”. I wanted to make a barber shop but didn’t know that it also has another meaning… But I went for the one I know very well from my childhood, the saloon. In my country, generally, men cut their hair in saloons.

1 Like