Building Challenge #21 - Chairs

Hey guys, today I made some chairs. If you’ve seen my other builds, you’ll probably know that I’m bad at making chairs. And modern chair designs are mostly rounded, that’s why I can’t make them in Roblox Studio since they will need a lot of parts to make. And I want my builds to be performance friendly. Although, I’m currently learning Blender. I know how to do basic modeling and stuff, but I’m not good at understanding the software and I want to go beyond. I will be also starting UGC concept topics in a few days. Because I also want to get into the UGC program, and for that, I have to build up my portfolio. And here are the chairs!

You can check out the previous builds of this challenge here. And you can check out the game here!

Any feedback is appreciated!

1 Like

They look very good!
(You forgot to turn off the grid)

Also, for rounded things, there’s 4 approaches:

1. You use a Block, 4 Cylinders and 4 Spheres, and union them
  2. You use a SpecialMesh set to head
  3. You create Cylinders/Spheres, Negate them, model them (fro some reason while a Cylinder/Sphere is negated it will be modelable freely) and Unnegate them
  4. (Impossible) Use Blender

Only thing I gotta say is that the first chair is strange, I don’t know why but it just seems wird

1 Like

Whoops, I actually turned the grid off and also took a picture! But I posted the wrong image…

The other 3 chairs were made with reference and the first chair was made by my own imagination lol. I know I can make rounded shapes, but I want to use special mesh packs, I’m currently making one for myself. But I still prefer using Blender, since I’m learning Blender, it will be kinda hard at the beginning. But I will learn it someday. I’m following a detailed Blender tutorial.

I’m still trying to figure out how to create a Golf ball in Blender :rofl::rofl::rofl:

For people it takes 1 minute and I can’t go past 15 second even with the 8 minutes tutorials :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I guess it’s not that hard to make a golf ball, just add a sphere in Blender by pressing Shift + A. And then find any golf ball texture online, making textures is a bit hard, I’m still learning how to make textures for UGC lol.

Yeah but there’s a way of making it actually a Golf ball, like 3D without a texture

1 Like

Well, you should keep trying, and you’ll get there!

1 Like