Building Challenge #35 - Water Pond Terrain

Hey guys, today I made a water pond with the terrain editor. I will be practicing some terrain stuff, because my next map will be made with the terrain editor.

Any feedback/criticism is appreciated to improve this terrain!

5 Likes

I really like it, but I need to say it, compared to your other builds, this isn’t that good, it’s not too much your fault, it’s mainly the Terrain Editor’s
Tips:
Instead of rock put dirt/mud
Turn off decorations for grass

Other than that it’s good!
Tip: next time use the Terrain Editor for a big scenario, like mountains or plains, as that’s what it’s mainly made for

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! But, I used cobblestone on the side of the grass… I will make a cliff next.

1 Like

Okay, it was hard to notice what you used, it seemed rock :sweat_smile:
Try making a pretty big cliff if you can
Good luck!

2 Likes

fr compared to yo other builds it isn’t that good. first off, I feel like there should be more of a gradient between the water and the grass, and that stone or whatever feels out of place, like a random circle out of nowhere. also I think the colors are a bit too vibrant, so maybe you should change that. also the terrain editor grass is meh so maybe mix in some of your own grass models

1 Like

I also think that terrain is not that good for small builds like this like @Dede_4242 said. I made it for some testing and without any reference images because I was practicing lighting and I wanted to test it out on the terrain. I will be making large terrains next time.

But, how do I make a gradient with the terrain? Did you mean that the color of the terrain should be set as it looks like a gradient?

From what I know there’s no way of changing the colour of terrain materials without it being global, but there might be a workaround
(Not sure if it’s possible but maybe creating your own material?)

1 Like

Yes, it’s possible to make override PBR materials and change the look of terrain materials completely. I also know that terrain colors can’t be changed locally, but I hope Roblox adds a feature that allows us to manipulate terrain more. Like changing colors locally, adding our own custom terrain materials instead of overriding the Roblox terrain, etc. Maybe Ice meant that I need to change the color of the water and grass in a way that it looks gradient, but I’m not sure. I just made a cliff, and sadly the old terrain’s color also had to be changed because of the new one :confused:

1 Like

what i meant was that just make the terrain color be a bit duller? i know this usually shouldn’t be the case except i tink it would be better liek that here

1 Like