Building Ideas [Modern Cafe]

I have recently started working on a second version for my parlor group. I have most of the terrain modeled, but I do need help coming up with ideas for the main building and a merch store.

GOAL
I’m going for a more modern rustic look if that makes sense, I’ll include images of the terrain below. I want the space and walls to be open, lots of windows.

I would highly appreciate someone helping me start a blueprint and give any input they can toward what materials I should use, how everything should look, including furniture.

MAP
These pictures are what I have done so far, the first one is the spawn area, the second will be where the parlor is, and the third island is where the merch store will be located. (4th is Aerial View)

CONTACT
You can reply to this post, but I am most active on discord.
brandon ☆#0001 (copy and paste)

If you can help in anyway is it greatly appreciated! Any suggestions or constructive criticism is welcome.

Thank you.

2 Likes

The palm trees do not fit as you’re practically changing the style of the entire build because it looks lowpoly, try changing it’s material

Try making the bridge have a bend to it as it just looks plain and simple right now and make sure to put more decorations like grass, rocks, stumps, stands etc

I was going for a look that’s in between low-poly and detailed, I just feel as it’s a bit empty.

It’s good for starts but I do feel like it can gain a lot more improvements, this consists

Environmental Objects
Lighting (Achieved by using color correction, atmosphere, bloom, sun rays, blur and fog
Buildings: Rafts, small buildings on the island

1 Like

It really depends on how everything is going to fit on those small islands however. Do you know if you’re going to be able to get a location on where the parlor will be yet It’ll look a little too tight and cluttered next to the bridge area?

The material used on the modern cafe or merch depend on if everything thing you add will have a modern feel to it. Most modern cafes invest a lot in a nice interior design. But i feel like materials and colors is a big problem when it comes to completing a modern cafe look don’t just throw random material try using the right materials I usually see modern cafes feature just white and an wood material.

Also interior design would be pretty easy to accomplish however you’ll need to have the right equipment seating and items to resemblance a modern cafe style - theme as a start build your cafe or search for images to go off of they’ll be used as a guide when finding the correct material, color, seating, decorations ect. You want to speak to your customers or people and see how they like to ur cafe, etc.

Then you add your small little objects trees paths, bushes ect. Here is a somewhat blueprint I made just a few minutes ago don’t mind my drawing skills it’s kind of on the basic side but it’s just something you could possibly take if needed.

Overall best of luck on finishing your layout and main project I’ll be interested in checking the cafe out once it’s fully finished.

Example

1 Like

Do you have discord? I would love to continue this, and I would like to see more examples of what you were explaining?