(Building support) How do I fix the hit boxes on models?

How do you fix the hitbox of a model?
Im trying to make a game that includes parkour but the hitbox of a model I used is really off.
The model is used by a wording plugin that creates words (obviously)
if I could get help that would be great!
(here is an example of one of the model)

1 Like

Use Meshparts instead of Unions. That will require a bit more work, but will eliminate your problem.

1 Like

Im fairly new to building so can you explain more on how?

And Im using a plugin to make these models for letters

A MeshPart is a Part which could include a MeshId and/or a MeshTextureId. The mesh is a Part with a defined form created on another softare. One of the most famous is Blender3D (the only one i know but there are more than 1)

2 Likes

Ooooh I get you now but Is there a easier way by using a 3D text plugin?
Here is the exact plugin I use
https://www.roblox.com/library/5238194706/3D-Text

1 Like

Trying making a mesh. This can be done through external software like blender. It’s a bit more work but totally worth it and accurate.
Unions are very unreliable.

3 Likes

Problem is Ive tried blender before and its just completely confusing. Plus my computer can really handle it. I could just make parts and put them together but I wanted a faster outcome.
Thanks for the help though.

1 Like

Just gonna point this out, the link you posted for that plugin wasn’t the original creator. Although I’m not saying that there may be a backdoor in that plugin, the fact that the group shows a locked status is concerning :thinking:

The original plugin:

Plugins similar to these also have botted/fake “vouch” accounts (Can you find them lol? Hint, Bacon):

Another note, blender allows you to optimize the meshes/parts. However, if you just want an accurate hitbox for the letters, the best best will just be either:

Creating it with parts – very slow

Creating it in blender as a meshpart, then importing it back then setting CollisionFidelity to the one with the really long title (I forgot, but its not hull, box, or default, its the last one).

Or, If i’m not mistaken, the plugin just uses meshparts as well which might be optimized? I don’t know how it works though. You can probably do the same thing as I said above for meshparts ^. It should work with unions as well.

Or just reconstruct the hitbox if all else fails.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!! :open_mouth: I will be sure to check if it contains any and ill delete the fake copy!!

1 Like

@ArsaMate (Just a courtesy)

You can make meshes in studio by selecting what you want to become your mesh then right-clicking it in the explorer and exporting the selection.

2 Likes

If you use a union it will make it very hard. Use a mesh part.

1 Like

yeee that’s also possible :slight_smile:
though I always make the meshes in blender because it holds a lower triangle count.