Bullet Replication?

I’m currently making an fps framework. I have gotten to the point of creating the bullets. I am wondering if I should create one bullet from the server, and have the server move the bullet. Or, should I have the server move an invisible bullet, and make all clients in the game create a “fake” bullet, in place of it. I am considering each method because I saw this very interesting video:

For my game, which way would be the most resource efficient so that I can reduce lag? Thanks for any responses!

1 Like
3 Likes

Wow! Amazing! Thank you for helping this user so much! I’m sure they appreciate it so much that you care more about the devforum’s rules than what it provides itself!

4 Likes
  • Is the bullet moved by physics or CFrame?
    • Physics:
      Let the server do it while it’s visible, with a possible exception for the client who fired the projectile (unless network ownership is forcefully server from the beginning)
    • CFrame:
      Copy of the bullet for each client. As for the server, no bullet or an invisible bullet.
2 Likes

A lot of sarcasm there, and for what? The DevForum rules are enforced by moderators, and I can infer that this user is new to DevForum and not well versed with the rules. If nobody corrects them, they will continue to post in the wrong categories, blissfully unaware that they’re doing anything wrong. They may get away with it once, twice, maybe three times, but eventually their post will be taken down and they will receive a warning.

It’s our job to help new users on the forum become aware of the rules, to prevent them from getting into trouble with the moderation team.

My comment didn’t say “You’re so stupid! Imagine posting in the wrong category LOL. I just flagged your post, have fun getting banned.”

I simply linked the correct category, so they can get the help they need. Not everyone in the Development Discussion category scripts, so putting their post in the correct category will allow them to get help from people who actually know what they’re doing.

But thanks for presuming my intentions and articulating such a backhanded reply :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i just fire remote events all clients for tracer and on the player client don’t fire instead make in client scriptso it is fast

1 Like