Bulletin Board links in game descriptions

I’ve recently been running into a problem with the description of one of my games not being allowed, due to it being “inappropriate”. The reason it is being classed as inappropriate is because I put a link to a post in #bulletin-board in the description. I know that this is what is causing my description to be moderated because when I removed the link, my description is not moderated.

As far as I was aware, for a while Roblox have permitted posts in the Bulletin Board category to be posted in various places across the website, including in game descriptions, and I can find examples of many games that have bulletin board links in their descriptions too. I used to be able to add these links without any issue, but today when I tried to add one I ran into the following error:

I would like to add this post to my description and the entire description (with the link in it) can be seen below. As I said, I already removed certain parts of the description and found that it’s definitely this bulletin board link that is causing the description to get moderated. Without it, there is no issue.

View Game Description

:sun_behind_small_cloud: Welcome to Sunshine Café V2 Beta!

You may run into bugs and things not working properly; please report these accordingly.
:pushpin: V2 Update: Sunshine Café Franchise - V2 Beta Full Update Log

:cupcake: We hope you have a great experience and enjoy your time playing Sunshine Café Franchise.

:exclamation: Join the Sunshine Café Franchise group today! Sunshine Café Franchise - Roblox

:man_cook: Want to work here? Visit our application center after joining our group! Sunshine Café Application Center - Roblox

Created by the Sunshine Café Franchise Development Team.

I am over 13 years old and have never run into this issue before. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if so, were you able to fix it?

Of course, a solution to the description being moderated is simply to remove the link, which I will do if I have to. However, I was curious as to why it is not working at the moment but has worked many times in the past.

Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just tried this on my game and I’m having the same issue. I’m assuming that Roblox purposely made this a feature. It’s unfortunate, I hope they’ll revert it back to what it was. :frowning_face:

1 Like

It might have something to do with the way you titled your thread and how it’s passed in the filter. I was also able to reproduce the issue when I tried updating a description of mine with your link, but when I changed the slug to a single letter it did not tag anymore. Consider doing that as well.

For reference:

Your link:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/sunshine-cafe-franchise-v2-beta-full-update-log/1121577

Link I used that wasn’t blocked:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/a/1121577

This also works if you want it to look better:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/post/1121577

The link itself isn’t inappropriate, it’s specifically this piece of text “sunshine-cafe-franchise-v2-beta-full-update-log” that’s getting filtered and causing the description update to be blocked. DevForum links are still good for the Roblox website, considering that the DevForum is a subdomain of Roblox and Roblox links are whitelisted on Roblox (obviously).

4 Likes

I appreciate your response, and your method of removing the “sunshine-cafe-franchise-v2-beta-full-update-log” has worked. Thanks.

I just ran into this today. Previously my Credit Sheet link was fine in the description, but today it is moderated.

Our old link: “devforum.roblox.com/t/flamingo-paradise-credits/1078110
Our current link: “devforum.roblox.com/t/flamingo-paradise-credits/

So apparently the moderation doesn’t like both the number/title just one or the other.

That wouldn’t work you would need the number, so it would need to be devforum.roblox.com/t/anything-here/1078110

The link still took me to the correct page…? I assumed you’d need the number too but for whatever reason it still takes you there.

Right, but I’ve just created a post with the same name and now it brings me to that rather than the original one. Going to delete it so as to not disturb their current link

You would think, but it works. Not sure why they broke it so the full link doesn’t work any longer, but at least there’s a work around.

Good point on the name pointer. I’ll update the link so it goes to the number instead. But definitely interesting that it works both ways.

EDIT: Well, apparently adding the number and removing the title is now moderated. So idk what’s going on. It will have to stay as it was, at least for the time being.