Bus suspension help needed

I am trying to build a chassis for a freemodel bus but I am having trouble with the suspension. I have never built a suspension system before on a vehicle. How should I set up the springs and prismatic constraints so that the bus does not bounce about too much, but is held a reasonable distance above the ground?

make the sping dampening a little high?

Edit make the spring maxlength to be 4 and stiffness 2000 and try making the stiffness higher until you get better result

I’ve tried making it really high, but the bus starts bouncing about a lot once it’s off the ground

ya read the edit please thanks

Edit:if its not working pls show me a video so i can tell whats the problem there

EDIT2:SHOW ME THE CHASSIS IN THE EXPLORER TOO

EDIT3:SHOW THE PROPERTIES OF THE SPRING

Edit4:you dont use prismatic constraints for chassis

Current stiffness: 2,000,000 - it is held just barely off the ground like this, but any higher and it starts bouncing a lot

I am going to record a video of it now

if you still cant figure it out read this

Testing bus suspension - YouTube here is the video link

make the length of spring 10 and make the stiffness around 2000-8000 and dampening 3500 it should work

the bus is a lot heavier than a regular car so I think I’ll still need to increase the stiffness

make all the bus parts massless

1 Like

Use an A-Chassis free model. It has built in suspension that you can tune in a script.

How much is the total mass of the bus? You can do a quick check a for loop and printing the mass like this;

-- in the model of the bus
local mass = 0
for _, parts in pairs(script.Parent:GetDescendants()) do
if parts:IsA("BasePart") then
mass = mass + part:GetMass()
   end
end
print(mass)
1 Like

This might help since you can add the total mass with the suspension.

I might have a look into the A-Chassis suspension kit, but I don’t think it works with ipad/tablet/phone devices.

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh! You’re on a mobile device. A-Chassis might work on a mobile device, I’m not sure since I don’t play on mobile.