Butterfly knife / balisong animation

I recently made a balisong knife in studio and decided to rig it (Original topic link here: Balisong Knife made in studio) It was somewhat difficult to rig, because the handles wouldn’t move independently. This is because I couldn’t union all the parts together, as it would mess with both the textures and the scaling. I used this constraint editor (Constraint Editor - Roblox) to bind all the motor6d’s for all the parts to each handle, and then that to the BodyAttach part. If you’re looking into animation, I highly recommend reading this tutorial - (How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.) - #83 by Headstackk)

Here’s the link to the animation. I think it ended up being really clean, but it lags due to the service i use. robloxapp-20210606-1149128

Feedback Appreciated.

4 Likes

That’s really good though! Welding all of the parts must’ve been a difficult task I’d imagine, but hey you did it at least! I think it looks nice!

You don’t actually have to weld them! you just go into explorer and click the parts, and use the plugin to put a motor6d for all the smaller parts into each handle, and motor6d those handles to the body attach part.

1 Like