Button Needs To Disable When Not Being Pressed

1. What do you want to achieve? I’m making a puzzle game with a friend. For the first puzzle, there is a button to open a door, but it’s meant to close if the player steps off, so there’s a box that needs to be pushed onto the button to keep it down.

2. What is the issue? I can’t figure out how to make the button and door that the button opens start reversing, especially while they’re in the middle of activation.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve tried to script it myself and I’ve searched the DevForum, but I can’t find anything. This is the code I have right now to open the door and activate the button.

local pressed = false
local button = script.Parent
local buttonPressed = button.Parent.ButtonPressed

local TS = game:GetService("TweenService")

button.Touched:Connect(function()
	if pressed == false then
		pressed = true
--debounce here isnt fully needed
		local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(1, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.In, 0, false, 0)
		local POSTween = TS:Create(button, tweenInfo, {Position = buttonPressed.Position})
		local ColorTween = TS:Create(button, tweenInfo, {Color = Color3.fromRGB(77, 255, 0)})

POSTween:Play()
		ColorTween:Play()
		local Door1 = game.Workspace.Door1.Door
		local Door1Target = game.Workspace.Door1.DoorTarget
		local DoorSound = Door1.OpenSound
		local StartingDoorInfo = TweenInfo.new(5.624, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.In, 0, false, 0)
		local DoorTween = TS:Create(Door1, StartingDoorInfo, {Position = Door1Target.Position})
		DoorTween:Play()
		DoorSound:Play()

end
end)

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

You can do an else statement in the Touched Event after the tween, then put the stuff you want to do when the button is released.

2 Likes

see if this helps
this sliding door, will close if you move out of the hit box, even if it hasn’t opened all the way

1 Like