Buzzy Bees Game Feedback (My first game)

Hello

I would like to get some feedback on my game “Buzzy Bees”. This is my first ever game, so any feedback is welcome (building, gameplay, etc.). I have only been developing on Roblox Studio since May 2020 (the whole pandemic thing and nothing else to do), so please be gentle.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Any comments would be appreciated.

The gameplay is a little tedious. It got boring to walk around, press buttons, and wait to get money. To solve this problem, I suggest adding other bugs to fight like in Bee Swarm Simulator. Also, you could make the map better by maybe adding different kinds of flowers, music, sound effects, the ability to fly, etc. Overall, not the worst for your first game, but there is a lot missing.

Thanks for the feedback. Took some time off for the holidays, but recently got back into it. I have taken your feedback into consideration.

Things I have changed:
- Added a hit circle, so instead of having to click individual flowers, you click and anything in the circle gets damage. If you buy bigger tools, the circle gets bigger. Hope is this will make the collection of flowers less tedious.
- Added a TP back to Hive button on the UI when flowers is full.
- Divided the field around the hive into different types of flowers. Added gates that unlock as you build the tycoon.
- Added a map GUI which also allows you to TP to each field when unlocked.
- Added BG music and dance music to the dance floor.

Still planning on adding some other NPC animals into the game that would roam the fields and allow you gain money faster.

Sadly, I did not know about Bee Swarm Sim when I started making this. But, since you mentioned it, I am wondering how viable my Bee game might be due to Bee Swarm’s popularity (not that I see my first game becoming some huge success, but I would be happy if it reached a few hundred players). My question for the people of the DevForum, does having the same theme as a popular game make people view your game as a copy-cat? I could potentially reskin my game to be something different than Bees like a farming tycoon.

Lastly, what is the general feeling toward Tycoons today? Should I continue to refine this game (and refine my skills at the same time)? I have some other game ideas rattling around in my head, maybe I should find some other people to work with to gain a wider experience?

This looks like a rip-off of Bee Swarm Simulator at first (as you mentioned), but then you find out it’s not.

It’s the strangest mix between a tycoon and a simulator I’ve ever seen, but I don’t exactly hate it.

The music doesn’t loop. Also, the very first item (honey collector) is very stuttery, I’d recommend you use Tweening to make it smoother. And does the comb actually do anything?

I also thought it was weird that you “punch” the flowers rather than collect them.

And finally, you have no forms of monetization! You should add currency purchase (with Developer Products).

Overall not a bad game, I’d give it a 7/10 (ofc I’m not the target audience either)

Not hugely popular but seeing a resurgence as the simulator era slowly dies.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into those fixes you mentioned.

The comb doesn’t do anything, more of a decoration item. Later in the tycoon you can get parts that double flower to money production.

I do have an “ABM” next to the shop that allows you to get money in game for Robux. Should I tie that to the main shop so if you try to buy an item but don’t have the cash it prompts to spend Robux for the difference?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t see this until I woke up. I played the game again, and the updates you added are solid! Nothing else needs to be changed. However, in terms of design, there is one thing that’s a minor issue. The bee character your avatar starts off with, its face looks more like a fly. And that’s really it. Now, the general consensus on tycoon/simulator games are that they are lazy. That is what I thought about Bee Swarm Simulator, even though after playing it, it was well-made. Don’t add “Tycoon” or “Simulator” in the title. And yes, if your game gets popular, there will be people comparing it to Bee Swarm Simulator. This shouldn’t be an issue. And if you want to continue working on this game, sure.