C4D Blurry Render Issue

For some reason my render is blurry, I don’t know if it’s my lights or something else.
I am using area lights, 2 regular lights, and 1 infinite light
Can I get some help?
Here is the render :

1 Like

But the render to 128 in the corner.

Your render looks blurry because of the low samples in the render tab.

C4D: In the material (color or luminance) set the sampling to “none”.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear, but I am using Cinema 4D

1 Like

Not really related tho thought that you want to know

Your NPC looks like it’s holding the gauntlet instead of wearing it. You may want to try and reposition it to make it look like he’s wearing it or have it wear a package that could easily fit the gauntlet after a small scaling correction.

2 Likes

Oh, well my bad man sorry for the mistake.

1 Like

Oh okay, thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, in C4D there is a render tab at the top of the window. If you click it and go down to render settings you can change the quality of the render.

1 Like

These are my settings. Where would I change the quality?

I think that Resolution since there’s the DPI (Dots per pixel) unit.

To show you how DPI (or PPI - pixel per image) works here’s a picture you can find on google.

3 Likes

If you want to have a bigger render field change the height/width. But you should change the resolution to get a better quality image as @Krunnie shows in his reply.

2 Likes

Okay i’ll try that. @Krunnie @xWil_l

1 Like

@Krunnie @xWil_l Okay thank you guys. It works now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to further improve your c4d render quality, you can use the physical renderer instead of the default renderer (that will work well with the lights you already put).
A way to get a little bit of additional sharpness (in textures from roblox, like clothes) is to go to the texture by double clicking it, and then changing the sampling mode in the color tab to ‘none’.

In c4d, unless you are using depth of field (DoF), the render in the picture viewer should always look sharp at 100% scaling (you can see scaling at the bottom left corner of the picture viewer).

2 Likes

Oh geez.

Low sampling has nothing to do with blurriness.

Changing the properties of a material doesn’t remove blur from an image in nearly all cases.

DPI stands for Dots per Inch.

PPI stands for Pixels per Inch.

3 Likes

Oh! , then maybe it fixed itself somehow when I restarted the app lol.