Café Away - Training Guide

This Training Guide will help you succeed step-by-step during a Training Session!

Table of Contents:

Background Information

Open Category

What do you do when you enter?

What do you do when the session starts?

What do you do when the session is in progress?

What do you do when the session ends?

Ranking

Conclusion

Background Information:

Open Category
  • To mark your spot during each session, please visit our Trello and change the status to “Claimed” and type your username inside the description of the role that you want.
  • Please keep in mind that there are minimum requirements of hours, shifts, and more inside our Discord (depending on what rank you are).

These are the times that staff must arrive at the Training Center:

Host: 20 minutes before the session is announced.

Trainers: 15 minutes before the session is announced.

Shadows, Supervisors, and Rankers: 10 minutes before the session is announced.

• Café Away has an Admin Panel for the Centers. This means that you will not need to state the rules and the bot will.
  • Once you click Start Training Session, the people will be placed automatically into equal groups. The Host will be in charge of naming the SA+ as the Trainer, Shadow, Supervisor, and etc. SA+ will have their points as “N/A”, and Trainees-Baristas will have their points as “0.”
  • To give the user a point, type their username in the Admin Panel and click “Add 1 Point.”

What do you do when you join the Training Center?:

Open Category
  1. Make sure you announce that there is a session once multiple administrators have entered.

Example for the group:

[Trainings] Greetings! The Training Session will start in 10 minutes! Join for a chance to be promoted to a higher rank at Cafe Away!

Example for Discord:

[Trainings] Greetings! The Training Session will start in 10 minutes! Join for a chance to be promoted to a higher rank at Cafe Away! @Session/Shift Ping
Link :link: :Café Away - Training Center v2 - Roblox

1. Make sure you click Open Training Center inside the Admin Panel to allow Trainees-Baristas to enter. (Staff Assistants+ can enter without being kicked.)
  2. While you are waiting for the session to start, please type the hostname and the time of the session inside the Admin Panel.
  3. Right when the Session starts, click the Start Training Session button. The rules will be stated to everyone automatically. Staff Assistants+ can skip the rules if they’d like. Please also announce in the shout and the Discord server that the session is now locked.

Example for group and Discord:

[Trainings] The Training Session is now locked! Apologies if you couldn’t make it. Come down to the Cafe for a nice drink while you wait for the next session!

1. Once everyone finishes the rules, a timer will pop up for 300 seconds on top. This is when the Trainees can ask questions. Please answer the questions, and when the timer finishes, say in System Messages:

Get ready! The Training Session will now commence! TrainERS can enter the Training rooms. TrainEES, please wait until you are teleported to your station by your Trainer.

What do you do when the Training Session starts?:

Open Category

This is the Trainer Perspective. (Other ranks are easy to know what to do. Rankers, please go to the Ranking section for more information.)

Check for what group you are in once the rules begin. Please go to your designated group station (teleport there using your commands or use the Admin Panel). The groups are in letters, A-L.

1. Go to the group’s station once you have been given permission by the host.
  2. Kindly say…

** Greetings! Please find a register and we will begin this Training Session!*

1. After everyone gets a register, tell them the following:

** Hi! I’m (Username), and I’m happy to be your trainer for today’s session! It’s a pleasure to meet you.*
** I would like to introduce my shadow, (Username), who will be assisting me throughout the session!*
** Do you guys have any questions before we begin? <3 I would like a response from everyone.*
** Alright! We will begin now.*

1. There will be two sections, Trivia and Orders. This section is for Trivia. You may decide which one you will do first. Please say the following next:

** We will be starting/transitioning with/into Trivia! Before we start, I have some information regarding this segment.*
** In this section, you will be receiving two grammatically incorrect sentences.*
** You will also be receiving a general knowledge question. This is to test you on how well you know Café Away!*
** For the general knowledge question, you may use any resources you would like.*
** However, you may not share answers with your peers.*
** Lastly, we will have two trolling simulations. These simulations represent what might happen at the Café.*
** These questions will be given to you by using the ‘PM’ command.*
** It will appear in the bottom right-hand corner when we send it.*
** Do you all have any questions before we begin this section? I would like everyone to answer.*
** Wonderful! Please wait while I send you the first grammatically incorrect sentence.*

1. The grammatically incorrect sentences can be created by you. This guide is an example, and we encourage you to make your own and be unique! Type the following into your command bar.

** pm (username,username) Please correct this sentence: hewwo wellcom to caf awyy how my i help u???*

1. The second incorrect sentence is:

** pm (username,username) Please correct this sentence: i luv caf awyy but i dont liek deir trainer at all111!!*

1. When they finish the section, say:

** Well done everyone!*
** Now, I will be sending the general knowledge question. Please use any resources that you have to answer this question.*

1. The question is:

** pm (username,username) How many items can a customer order at one time?*

1. Once you sent each PM, say in chat:

** I have sent the PM! Please tell me if it did not show up, or it came up in tags.*

1. The following below is what you say when they made a mistake in any of the grammatically incorrect sentences.

** Sorry, this sentence is incorrect. Please check the PM that I sent for the correct response.*
** Correct answer: CORRECT ANSWER HERE*
** Don’t fret, you may still pass!*

1. Trolling:

** Exquisite job so far! We are now moving on to the trolling section! Please listen closely.*
** My shadow and I will be dressing up and acting as trollers. Your job is to put a stop to our actions.*
** People who commit a minor offense, like not ordering properly, only receive a single warning.*
** For a major offense, such as exploiting or spamming, call an admin right away.*
** We do NOT issue warnings in the format, ‘Warning 1’. Simply telling the troller to stop would be sufficient.*
** When you believe the troller has done enough, step back from your register and say ‘-calls admin-’.*
** Please only use ‘-calls admin-’ inside of the Training Center. In the main Café, you will actually get an admin to come.*
** Once we refresh our avatars, please state your greetings.*
** Do you all have any questions about this section? I would like a response from everyone.*
** Alright! Please get your greeting ready and wait for me to refresh.*

1. For this section, read their greeting and see if it is good. Create your own trolls and be creative! Do not use grammar in your chat messages at this time. Please include an exploit scenario that is at least one of them.
  1. Please say the following once they are done with the section:

** Congrats to you all for passing this section!*

1. Please say the following if they passed this section and is the first section that they passed (name them as Passed SECTION as well):

** Congratulations! You have met the required points to pass this section! Please continue to participate.*

1. Please say the following if they passed this section and is the last section that they passed (name them as Passed Training! <3 as well).

** Congratulations! You have passed this Training Session! Please continue to participate.*

1. Say the following if they fail:

** Sorry, you have failed this Training Session because you did not meet the required amounts for your rank.*
** You may always come back at any Training Session. The session times are located in the group description.*

1. Orders Section. Please say:

** We will be starting/transitioning with/into orders! Before we start, I have some information regarding this segment.*
** During this section, you will be asked to make 5 increasingly difficult orders without a time limit.*

** To hand me the order, press ‘;’ on your keyboard and type ‘give (username)’, press ‘Open Utility Bar’ on mobile, or click on the register.*

** There are more commands for you in the Utility Bar. You gain commands depending on what rank you are promoted to.*
** Once you come back, please give me the order once I ask for it. You must give me the order after I have asked for it.*
** If you need assistance with the recipes, use anything that you need. The recipe guide is located in the Communications Server, important info.*
** I cannot repeat any of the orders, so I’d encourage you to write them down, or use the on-screen notepad located on the right-side of your screen.*
** Are there any questions before we start? A response from everyone would be great.*

1. Orders - Please say them in this format. [1] ORDER. Please say 5 continuously harder items. From the easiest to the most complex.

[ORDER EXAMPLES]

[1] Coffee.

[2] Passion Fruit Tea.

[3] Orange Smoothie.

** These orders will be a little difficult, I recommend using your notepad.*

[4] Strawberry Milkshake and Strawberry Cake Pop.

[5] White Chocolate Slushie, Vanilla Cake Pop, and Bread w/ Butter.

1. When they come back, ask them, “Order?” If they get it correct, say, “That is correct. Great job! <3”.
  1. Please say the following once they are done with the section:

** Congrats to you all for passing this section!*

1. Please say the following if they passed this section and is the first section that they passed (name them as Passed SECTION as well):

** Congratulations! You have met the required points to pass this section! Please continue to participate.*

1. Please say the following if they passed this section and is the last section that they passed (name them as Passed Training! <3 as well).

** Congratulations! You have passed this Training Session! Please continue to participate.*

1. Say the following if they fail:

** Sorry, you have failed this Training Session because you did not meet the required amounts for your rank.*
** You may always come back at any Training Session. The session times are located in the group description.*

Mopping Section (Not counted for points, but important):

1. The mopping system is required to be done last. Also, tell them this when they finish both Trivia and Orders.

** We will be doing a sweeping activity, as it can allow you to gain points in the Cafe.*
** Please note that this will not affect your score at all, and will just be for your own knowledge.*
** However, we would like everyone to participate, as this is crucial to your success.*
** I would like you all to get a broom, located on the right side of you once I dismiss you.*
** Does anyone have any questions? <3*
** Please get a broom now. Then, follow me to the lines on the left side of you, as we will go more in-depth there.*

1. Once everyone is on the lines, say this:

** The sweeping activity will be located outside, once you are dismissed to walk there (in a green circle).*
** To clean, simply touch the dirt. The sweeping animation will start to play.*
** Make sure you only sweep ONE pile of dirt. This is to leave some for others. You can sweep more in the main Cafe!*
** Do you all understand what we will be doing?*
** Great! We will now begin, please walk outside and sweep ONE pile of dirt!*

1. Once everyone finishes, tell them the things located in the next section.

What do you do when the session ends?

Open Category
  1. Say:

** Congratulations on passing, everyone!*
** I will now go over a few things before you are ranked.*
** You must use grammar at all times, even on the outside of the register.*
** You cannot disobey any rules, or you will get a warning or be demoted.*
** Sweeping gives you 10 points each time. Exploiting/cheating the system will get you demoted/banned.*
** Do you have any questions? A response is appreciated.*
** Alright! Also, I have other news.*

1. Specific Rank Commands! Please say:

** We will now go over the new commands that you will get. These commands can be used inside of your command bar.*
** You can access this bar by pressing, ‘;’ on your keyboard. If any of you abuse your new commands, you could be demoted!*
** For Junior Baristas, you will now have access to the ‘support’ command!*
** Do not use it when an admin is not on the specific server.*
** This tool is meant for an admin to teleport to you when a disruptive customer is there, as well as any exploiters.*
** For Baristas, you will now have access to the ‘respawn’ command!*
** To use this, simply type ‘respawn username’ inside of your command bar.*
** Please try to use this command only when an admin is not in the game. If an admin is in-game, use the ‘support’ command instead.*
** For Senior Baristas, you will now be able to use the ‘kick’ command!*
** To use this, simply type ‘kick username’ inside of your command bar.*
** Please do not troll or abuse this power.*
** We strictly monitor that and you will be demoted immediately if you do abuse.*
** If an admin is online, please use the ‘support’ command instead.*
** Do you all have any questions about your new commands?*
** Wonderful! Please wait until I teleport you to the main waiting lines to be ranked by me/Management Team+. (Change this according to the Ranking section.) Thank you!*

1. Move on to the Ranking section.

Ranking

Open Category
  1. Staff Assistant-Supervising Team Perspective

2. Staff Assistants to Supervising Team cannot promote them. Say the following after you finish the previous section:

** Before you get ranked by a Management Team member, do you have any questions?*
** Fantastic! Please follow me to the lines and wait for any Management Team member to rank you all. Congrats again!*

b. Management Team+ Perspective

1. This number is for MT+ when they are inside a Training Session. If you are, please say the following:

** Before you get ranked to your specified rank, do you have any questions?*
** Fantastic! I will be ranking you momentarily. Please wait.*

(Make sure you refresh the Trainees here all at once.)

** I have just ranked you. Congratulations again!*
** You are all now dismissed. <3 If you have any further questions, please stay and ask.*

1. Management Team+ members that are done, or the ranker, can help with ranking at the lines. Please say the following if you are at the lines to the Trainees:

*Congratulations on passing! I will be ranking you momentarily. Please wait.

(Refresh all of them).

** I have now ranked you all! You are now dismissed! If you have any further questions, please stay and ask.*

Conclusion

Open Category
  1. Announce that the session has concluded inside the Discord and the group shout.

Example for Discord and shout:

[Trainings] Trainings are now concluded! Congrats to those who passed. We will see you at the next session!

1. Make sure every Trainee+ has left.
  2. Shut down the server.
  3. Congratulations! You have finished this Training Session!

Created by Café Away Administration
Approved on 9-16-2020 by Café Away Executives
Updated on 9-18-2020