Cafe Building Feedback Wanted

Hey, I’m new to development on Roblox Studio, and I really want to succeed further, here’s a cafe build I re-created from a 3D rendering, I didn’t copy it exactly point to point though, I’d love some feedback on this build.

Here’s what I used to copy:

Here’s the actual exterior of the cafe:

Here’s the inside of the cafe:

Game Link: Coffee Club - Roblox

Any feedback is appreciated, I’m trying to get better at developing, as I just love doing it, but I just need to improve significantly.

11 Likes

I think the interior could do with some more material/color variation. The all-white looks very sterile and not terribly inviting. Try adding some posters/decals (like the reference has) to make it more appealing.

5 Likes

I love the overall build, and I think you did a great job replicating it! But I have to agree with @Caladudes that the back lacks color. I would probably add brown back there and it will be ok! But again, this build is well made! Nice work!

3 Likes

Hey, what do you mean by the back, are you talking about the inside of the cafe…or?

2 Likes

I’m talking about the work station inside of the cafe. Sorry for not clarifying that.

1 Like

The floor on the inside seems a bit empty, so maybe you could decorate that.

1 Like

I’ve tried to re-texture it with all kinds of materials, but it didn’t look any better, thanks for the feedback though.

What do you think about this?

1 Like

Yeah, this looks far better and more decorated! I think this is good to go! :smiley:

2 Likes

Not much to decorate in a tight space.

I think that you should place misc decor around like lamps and plants to make the cafe feel more homelike.

2 Likes

I really like the outcome of this cafe, however there are some things I would work on to get its full potential. Try adding more detail with lighting and wall decor, the cafe will look very bland otherwise, so spice it up a little bit with some creative and decorative lighting and wall decor to spice the place up a little bit. As for the exterior, I would use more of a warm orange (somewhat brown) to make it feel like more of a cozy cafe. Other than that just add some more decor! I really do love the design of this cafe and it has lots of potential.

1 Like

Needs work. Try to aim for something like this that I created:

3 Likes

Hey, @Adaks .
I have seen that place on Google for reference photos.
Myself taking some inspiration from that picture. :sweat_smile:
However, for a first build it is a great step in the right direction! I hate to be a hard critic, but I see some FMs, or free models.
I used to use free models all the time not knowing it kind of show’s laziness due to taking someone else’s work. I worked my way out of it over a period of time. I am not saying you should, but it boosts your reputation and overall “accomplishment-feeling” when you are done. However, overall it’s a wonderful build as said before and cant wait to see more work from you.
Keep doing what you are doing and have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Hi! I think your cafe would be better with suddle textures. Ex, layering the white plain walls with brick that has an opacity of 0.8.