Cage Mesh Deformer - Studio Beta

I really want Roblox to stop being called a Lego blocky game, if you go on r/gaming and search “Roblox”. A lot of people call it for children, blocky, lego ripoff. I hope this update changes the perspective of roblox to non-roblox players! :slight_smile:

I don’t think he’s referring it to lego-blocky, but more as blocky. Either way, Cage Mesh Deformer will still be blocky and has it’s blocky style, that is if you are using no package.

People that call it a lego ripoff or a children’s game probably played it before R15 was around, because in 2006-2009, they had circle studs which came from lego, and between then and 2016, R15 didn’t exist and people would just take one look at it and call it that type of game.

This might come off as a bit rude, so I apologize.

I personally think that unless someone has personally tried playing Roblox, and actually took the time to realize its potential, people don’t deserve to have any say in the matter whether Roblox is a kids game or not. People who call it a lego-ripoff have no idea what they are talking about.

If someone thinks Roblox is a lego-ripoff, then they either haven’t played Roblox recently, or they are just stealing the opinion of others.

5 Likes

I never said that I call Roblox a blocky game, I said that other people call Roblox a blocky game.

1 Like

Sorry if I worded that wrong, I meant people in r/gaming, and others who claim it to be a blocky kids game.

1 Like

I 100% agree. I love the way my avatar looks and the general look of people’s avatars when they really customize them and make them their own. The look of the new-ish mesh avatars/packages in the catalog that don’t let you wear regular shirts and pants just looks so out of place and really clashes with the style of Roblox.
Something this feature could be really cool for would be to take some of Roblox’s existing and more on-theme packages like Robloxian2.0 and make it a skinned mesh instead of having the seams between each joint/part.

2 Likes

Yea definitely looks better. Perfect for a museum or the center of a city.

1 Like

Is it possible to make car collision out of this?

2 Likes

@Gam3r_Play3r It is possible but I’m not exactly sure how it’ll be executed. I’d suggest waiting till this is fully released before trying anything like that.

4 Likes

This feature is useful but it takes your PC to the max level of lag and you can’t export meshes to make GFX.

4 Likes

Is there any way to export the Cage Mesh (while deformed) into Blender?

2 Likes

How does the Cage Mesh stuff work with characters? Characters are multiple parts, but I’m only seeing the input for that single reference, unless I’m looking at this the wrong way - I can’t find the part that specifies how the cage is wrapping around an R15 character

1 Like

This is a cool and interesting feature, but it does add a lot more memory.

I have worked with mesh deformation since it was introduced and I already solved this problem without this feature. I even made a system where a player can customize their entire character with mesh armors and everything, but once deforming in animations, it acts like one mesh and everything deforms with the body.

1 Like

As I said in my previous reply to someone else, this is cool, but you can do this without using cage deformation.

I do not use cage deformation but mine work like what you describe “with deformer enabled”.

If you know how to do it right, it’s pretty easy, no need to waste resources.

What are you using for mesh deformation? I can’t find anything in the API

I’m not using the API for it. My entire system was made in Maya. I just learned how to use what’s already there properly.

Oooh I see. So you deform in maya and then import the mesh?

Are they thinking of ever adding script compatibility to the cage mesh deformation so we can generate meshes using scripts?

hola ¿ quien es bueno con los script?
porque tengo un problema con dos script de incompatibilidad

1 Like

Does anyone have up to date info on this? I am trying to look into it too see if I can use this on a custom R6 mesh deform rig, and have so far found nothing but countradicting info on how to set this up.

1 Like