Cage Mesh Deformer - Studio Beta

Cool yes, but when did Roblox allow nipples?

14 Likes

Please support clothing for R6 1.0 characters. That’s all I ask!

EDIT: Read through the thread a bit more, and it seems as if it will be supported. I’m wondering: will Layered Clothing ever make it to the catalog? That’d be cool if it did.

3 Likes

I also agree with you, I don’t think online daters even like RTHRO, due to most of the community hating on it.

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing… Additionally, the character is within underwear or a form of undergarments.

1 Like

This is such a low-quality post, Roblox didn’t waste their time on adding vertex deformation, there are zero reasons as to why you would need * high qual textures* you can fit whatever you need into a 1024x1024 texture sheet.

Especially if you’re a low poly artist

11 Likes

Exactly. Skinned meshes/mesh deformation was actually part of engines sooner than larger texture files were even considered to be added. Look at the Lego Star Wars games for example. Im pretty sure they didn’t even go above 512x512 with their texture res, yet they already had mesh deformation (Used for the arms/torso/legs, besides some non-player characters with different body types)
So if Roblox is trying to catch up with features in a chronological way, mesh deformation comes first since the engine has been really stuck behind with that one. (Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga came out in 2007, meaning Roblox was lagging behind with mesh deformation by about ~13 years.)

5 Likes

Hmm, will this affect any physical properties?

Seriously? 3 Rthro characters in 1 image? if you really want to try out layered clothing play vampire hunters 3 it has layered clothing already but not by official roblox (Not made by me) The clothes are wayyy too stretched out i hope that rthro doesn’t get more support for layered clothing rather than the original blocky characters.

1 Like

This is a beta to show off what Roblox currently has in store. This doesn’t mean it’s Rthro exclusive.

i dont see how this will affect moderation

1 Like

Only allowing UGS creators to upload.

1 Like

Thank god its a beta.

This may become problematic for people who feel the need to use as many layers as possible just because they can, should this not being fixed.

Caused by excessive shirts and jackets.

5 Likes

I guess anything is okay if Roblox does it.

1 Like

Don’t know what to say besides this is a really impressive update. Good job.

2 Likes

If you try to use the IK tools Roblox crashes specifically the Rotate tool

5 Likes

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will look into this.

3 Likes

Please note that we have just introduced the core tech that drives these deformations, which like any other engine feature can result in poor performance or behavior if used in games incorrectly. Platform Avatar editor will have limits on number of layers that a player can wear on their avatar so that it doesn’t impact gameplay and performance. For any other uses of the deformer by developers in their games, it would be the developers’ responsibility to set appropriate limits on how and what can be layered, not different from any other instance on the platform.

10 Likes

I have a few questions.

• Will this be compatible with R15 & R6?
  • Would we be able to control clothes thickness?
  • Will the clothes be material based or textured based?
  • Will the clothes fit on every avatar?
  • Would the 3D clothes overlap 2D clothes
  • Can developers add this into the game?
  • Would there be different thickness locations? (Jacket over shirt)
  • Will the 3D clothes overlap t-shirts, or will the t-shirts go over the 3D clothing
  • Will the 3D clothes be free or for robux?
  • Last but not least; Will the clothes be animatable / wind effect?
5 Likes

R6 avatars dont get to waer layered clothing

5 Likes

Someone with a brain. Finally.

4 Likes