Calculating Rendered map to minimap (Solution Found)

Hi! I’m having problems calculating a player’s position to an image position like Jailbreak or Vehicle Simulator. How would you calculate the position of a player on the Roblox map to a square image minimap? (pretty much exactly like Jailbreak or Vehicle Simulator)

Everything I’ve found on the dev forum either doesn’t work or doesn’t fit my needs because they use mostly Viewport.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I think you can you just have a map Gui with overlaying Guis that have a dot (or whatever symbol) for each player and change the Udim2 Scale values to move each players dots.
You’d just need to convert the player’s Position based on a percentage of the world map size, then convert it to change the Gui Scale Position.

So basically if you have a world that is 5000 studs by 5000 studs and the player is at Position 3000,1000, then 3000/5000 and 1000/5000 would be percentages of 60% (.6) and 20% (.2). Use .6 and .2 as the Scale values in Guis to indicate each player.

1 Like

Forgot to put out an answer to my question. I solved this a long while ago and I saw the line and remembered this post. This is how I solved it.

Ppos.Position = UDim2.new(0.5+(v2_position.X) * (RenderImage.Size.X.Scale / 2), 0, 0.5+(v2_position.Y) * (RenderImage.Size.Y.Scale / 2), 0)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.