Camera Broken in Fixed Position

1. What do you want to achieve?

I wanted to customize the camera field of view, as well as max view and min view, but after messing with the values, my game broke.

1. What is the issue?

video of settings and issue

1. What solutions have you tried so far?

I tried resetting the values I changed and disabling my CameraScript. I’ve looked for different solutions on the devfourm and looked through the camera documentation. I just can’t figure out what’s wrong. I even removed my plugins.

*The issue starting after I playtested the game. It worked perfectly. After changing the name of the CameraScript I playtested it again and it broke.

Update: I playtested my game, removing every custom script, resetting every property that affected the camera, and left the bare bones of a regular baseplate template. The camera was still broken. I think this might be a studio glitch.

Check the camera object located within workspace, it should look like this:

This is camera object, though the CameraType is “Fixed”, that’s the setting for most games in studio. Once the player joins, it becomes “Custom”. Which makes the issue a mystery…

Try setting it to custom just in case, also make sure the camera subject is the character humanoid.

I set it to custom, and checked to make sure it’s set to the correct humanoid. It’s still not working.

*Also it’s good to note that I used a custom StarterCharacter that is a skinned mesh roblox rig.

Screenshot (15)

From some reason, naming a script “CameraScript” breaks the game’s camera. Perhaps because that name is already taken by the base Roblox engine somewhere. I’m actually gonna cry. :rofl:

Thanks for the help.

1 Like