Camera set to Custom but not going back to the character

Ok so, I have a script that’s supposed to start the main game, everything works fine except one thing. I try to set the camera back to Custom and it does, however, it just doesn’t move. The script is running without problems, there’s also another script that changes the camera slightly depending on the mouse position and I just checked, it’s not running during this so there shouldn’t be any errors or things that also affect the camera.

So, basically my camera just decides to not move, even though it is set to Custom and no other scripts are messing with it.

The camera subject might not be set. Check to see if it’s set to your character’s humanoid. If it isn’t then you’d need to reset it back to that.

1 Like

It is set to humanoid and custom, but the camera is just stuck in place.

Make sure it is done on the client, if it is done on the server, then it won’t work. The server’s camera isn’t the same as the client’s.

1 Like

This is in a local script, after the map generates and everything’s ready it executes this part.

Try setting the CameraSubject to the humanoid again after changing CameraType to custom?
Also see if it has the same behavior if you set it manually in workspace during playtesting.

1 Like

Actually even worse, I tried doing it manually and just noticed the camera is just stuck there by default??? I disabled all scripts and is still like that?? I just respawn and my camera is already locked in place.

Could you try Find All Replace All: Camera and check all the scripts that may interfere with it?

2 Likes

Only 4 scripts use the camera in the whole game, I disabled all of them and still same issue, maybe I messed some camera setting?

You have to set the subject to the humanoid and the cframe to the cframe of the head.

Nope. Not this. Setting the CameraSubject is correct but not this.

One other thing I can think of is the camera is being destroyed somewhere. Roblox will recreate the camera if it gets destroyed, and by default it sets it’s CameraType to Fixed, with no subject to look at.

I just did a test just now, and the only other way my camera got stuck aside from it being destroyed was having it’s CameraType set to Fixed or Scriptable.

I disabled the only script that’s supposed to do something to the camera and still this

Ok so late response, but try disabling your plugins, if any, and see if the issue persists. That’s really the last thing I can think of. If it still happens after that, you might have a bug on your hands and you’d need to message @Bug-Support

1 Like

Ok so, I tried that and it didn’t work, but I noticed the camera was stuck at 0,0,0 and searched it. Thankfully I found the problem, the script that handles the whole camera stuff on the main menu was on StartPlayerScripts and was named “CameraScript” and somehow it appears to break things. Just renaming it to anything else solved the issue.

I found the solution here

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.