Camera connect to GUI

What I’m trying to do is have a GUI on my screen as I drive a vehicle that displays the camera view of certain parts. I’ve got camera parts positioned on each mirror (six mirrors/camera parts), and I’m trying to get those camera parts to connect to six different GUI frames on my screen as I’m driving. So, as I’m driving, you’d be able to view what is in your rearview mirrors by looking at these GUI frames.

This is a picture of three mirror cameras on the mirrors:

These are the six GUI frames where mirror cameras would be displayed:

I honestly have no idea where to start. I’m really bad with cameras on Roblox, and I’m not too sure what to look up in order to find a way to do this. I’ve done some research, nothing has helped me so far. I don’t even know if what I’m trying to achieve is possible. Any tips are appreciated. I’d be open to hiring someone who may know how to do this.

Not too sure if this was the right category, or place to ask this on. Sorry if I’m in the wrong place

3 Likes

Add me on discord ill try to exspain it to you and show you how to. Stylxus#9999

1 Like

The way you imagined it isn’t possible. You can’t just put your camera in a gui.
What is possible is that you clone everything inside the region the cam is viewing in a viewportframe. But that is harder then you imagine and it is costing a lot of performance, especially with 6 different cameras

I’ve watched tutorials on minimaps with viewportframes, so I’ve been through the cloning everything in a region to the camera. The part I’m struggling with is making it so the frame on screen will be a view of what is seen through a certain part of a vehicle.

I’m trying to get it so the camera view would be just like a rearview mirror. You’d be able to see the side of your vehicle, as well as everything in the region you’re in.

Then you need to set the camera on the rear mirror part with the view backwards, and clone the vehicle and everything inside the region into the viewportframe. It will cost a lot of performance though