Camera following Torso movements while playing an Animation

Howdy mates! If you have time… I’m trying to make a Fighting Game and I want to implement this feature as seen in the video below…

If you don’t know, as shown in the video while my character is playing animations the camera follows the torso or Root part’s movements. I’d really like to implement this in my game, I’ve seen this feature in other fighting games as well. I’ve tried everything to try to implement this feature in my game, I even try to search it up, but nothing worked. How do I get this small feature to work in my game?

The game in the video is called “Saitama Battleground” or “Strongest Battleground” now. The Strongest Battlegrounds - Roblox

6 Likes

Well, couldn’t you just modify the camera a bit to use the Attach CameraType, and the Torso as the CameraSubject? I use it in my game, but with a player’s head, and it works similarly to what you show here.

1 Like

Copy the PlayerModule (you get it by copying it from the StarterPlayerScripts when the game runs) script, then search up for bodyPartToFollow, its in the script called BaseCamera

and replace its value with the part that you want.

(in “The Strongest Battleground” the part to follow its the Torso, so you might use humanoid.Parent:FindFirstChild("Torso") as reference)

Dont forget to replace too Humanoid.RootPart as your wanted part.
(Basically the same value as bodyPartToFollow)

Good luck!

12 Likes

how would this work though wont this just casually return a value ?

i checked and it actually follows character.Head

i did it on my game and i found out thats the camera.Subject its set to character.Head

did you ever find a solution?

(character limit)

what pompinaccio said works perfectly

dont wanna necro bump but i found a solution that doesn’t require the forking over the PlayerModule.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.