Camera glitch - leaves the window when in first person

I’ve seen some comments recently regarding updates to the camera scripts and was hoping that they would also fix another glitch that showed up around 5 or 6 weeks ago.

The mouse does not stay in the centre of your screen which causes it to go to the taskbar and the boundaries of the window. When this happens you can’t use your mouse properly and you often end up minimising the window. This happens regardless of the MouseBehaviour setting, even if you don’t use the default Camera script, and in the ‘Scriptable’ CameraType.

For a few weeks I was able to get around this glitch by not using the default Camerascript. It would only happen if the player clicked Tab or manually minimised the window but now it happens regardless. I was wondering if any fix is out for this specific glitch. Thanks.

I have an example of the glitch here:

This is a gif so the FPS is very bad but if you click the video, go to the link, and change the .gif to .mp4 it will be in 60fps.

1 Like

Is your gun aiming with the mouse target?

This isn’t related to aiming specifically but rather the mouse in general – it happens in Phantom Forces as well. For whatever reason even if the mouse is locked to the center of the screen it can still wander out of the window.

Nope, it uses Camera.CFrame and Camera.CFrame.lookVector. It still does this if you use the mouse though.

I don’t know if this thread had anything to do with it but it seems like it has been fixed. However, when you’re using the default third person camera the mouse can still click as if it was on the roblox window, even when it isn’t.

Anyway, it’s funny that the FPS glitch was fixed just 2 hours after I made this thread. Thanks to whoever did it.

This glitch is happening again.

At this stage I’m spamming my own thread. They fixed it then broke it again. rip