Camera is difficult to rotate upwards in Roblox Studio

There has recently been some regression in Studio that messes up the rotation of the camera (by right click and dragging). It’s now more difficult to rotate the camera upwards and when rotating left and right it will slowly drift downwards. This is extremely annoying, but only happens in the DPI-aware version of Studio.

This happens in both Play Solo / Team Test and also in the plain edit session as well. Right clicking and dragging up is more difficult / slower than dragging down, and dragging left/right somehow also rotates the camera down. I think this might be a bug with the cursor grabbing that moving the camera uses.

This bug occurs:

• on zqtitanstudioreleasehighdpi, or any DPI-aware version of Studio, including when the beta feature is enabled (but not when the beta feature is disabled)

• on Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572

• on a 4K display at 200% scaling

• with this fast-flag to make the viewport render at full resolution:

{
    	"DFFlagVariableDPIScale2": true
    }

• this does not affect my Roblox client that uses similar fast-flags for the same reason:

{
    	"DFFlagDisableDPIScale": true,
    	"DFFlagVariableDPIScale2": false
    }

I have verified that the fast flag does not affect the issue whatsoever.

This only happens when DPI awareness is enabled in Studio. When the beta is disabled, the issue disappears.

4 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database, and we’ll follow up when we have an update.

Thanks for the report!

3 Likes

When I’m scaling my camera moves as well. I figured I was causing the movement.

2 Likes

Also experiencing this issue, works fine on live games, however I cannot easily angle my camera up in studio, it is more prominent when moving the cursor upwards slowly.

5 Likes

I am now experiencing this issue with the latest DPI-Aware Studio Beta and no fast flags enabled.

Turning off the DPI-Aware beta fixes the issue, but I really like DPI-aware studio.

5 Likes

Hi there! I’m going through old bugs and I don’t seem to be able to reproduce this with any flag combination or scale. Is this still an issue?

1 Like

Looks like it’s no longer an issue more than a year later, even using the FFlags mentioned in the post. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.