Camera is not behaving in the correct mode [SOLVED]

My camera is acting like it is in fixed mode all the time. I want it to behave normally, in custom mode.

I’m rather new to doing stuff with the camera, so when I say custom, I mean like the default camera in roblox games, where you can change your camera’s zoom and rotation around yourself, and where the camera tracks you.

My game’s camera has worked normally in the past, but it stopped working recently and I don’t know why. When I spawn in it acts like I am in fixed mode (or some other mode), even though it is actually in custom mode. I attached a link to a video below showing this behavior.

I’ve looked for solutions in the developer hub. Nothing scripting related has worked. I have set the camera’s mode to custom and I’ve set it’s cameraSubject to the player’s humanoid already. I have no local plugins in my plugins folder, I have disabled all other plugins, and I have disabled all scripts. If someone could tell me what I need to change that would be great!

1 Like

Could we take a look at this Script that you’re using to change the Camera?

2 Likes

There is currently no script that is being used to change the camera.

I do have a script in my game to do a cutscene-type camera thing, but it is disabled. I commented out the entire script for good measure. And no other scripts in my game mess with the camera.

I think I found the issue. For some reason, your disabled “CameraScript” is overriding the CoreGUI’s CameraScript. Just rename your camera script to something else and it should work fine.

1 Like

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

1 Like