Camera movement broken with non-qwerty keyboard layout

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-05-14 00:05:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-05-14 00:05:00 (-04:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Until very recently studio has played nicely with dvorak for w/a/s/d/q/e camera movement,
parts of the movement (hardware a/s/d/q) work fine but [hardware “w” = dvorak “,”] and [hardware"e" = dvorak “.”] are being eaten by a camera pan left/right, and I’m unable to clear those shortcuts in “File/Advanced/Customize Shortcuts” settings-menu area.

Expected Behavior:
movement should work in dvorak (and other non-qwerty layouts):
hardware-W should move camera forward
hardware-E should move camera up

OR
ability to clear or remove keyboard shortcuts in the “File/Advanced/Customize Shortcuts” area

Actual Behavior:
camera pans left/right (forward and upward movement is broken)

Workaround:
Switch keyboard layouts too often.
(qwerty for movement and the normal layout for every other studio action)

2 Likes

Hi there! Happy to see another dvorak keyboard user :slight_smile: I just wanted to check some things for this issue. Can you include if you’re using a mac or windows computer to run studio? And can you confirm that double clicking → right clicking the shortcut in File/Advanced/Customize Shortcuts → Clear shortcut does not fix the issue?

4 Likes

windows,
doubleclicking and then rightclicking made the clear shortcut option show up, it’s fixed enough that I can keep working so yay!

that is not an intuitive UI, I spent a few minutes earlier clicking/backspacing/pressing-delete/selecting-and-rightclicking various things but somehow missed the doubleclick-shortcut-rightclick sequence of inputs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.