Camera Movement in first person

Hey people from devforum, I need some help figuring out something
My goal is to move the camera somewhere behind the gun while in first person and the player can rotate all they want.

I’ve tried some solutions so here they are:
Humanoid Camera offset (Couldn’t get it to quite work)
Renderstepping the camera cframe
Autorotate off (Goes against what I wanted but I tried)
and fake first person (Didn’t work well)

And please note these aren’t fake arms and I don’t want to use fake arms neither so ye!

Gif of the goal
GIF

Thanks in Advance

Not sure if this would work but if you want to replicate a similar effect as the GIF shown, you could try making an animation of your gun getting closer to the player’s face and just change the FOV. Feel free to criticize as I have not tested this idea out yet myself, but it’s just an idea that popped up in my head.

1 Like

I have had a similar idea to this before though I faced the issue of client → server animation replication. I did make a new animator to bypass it but it looked so terrible as it snapped in between animations after ADS was finished

Have you tried decreasing the FOV of the camera?

Yeah I did but my goal is to achieve clear ADS and fov is already decreased to roughly 60, I’m experimenting with lerping and autorotate to try and fix this but whenever autorotate gets turned back on the camera snaps back to origin, aka the head.

So far my best shot is at lerping the camera with autorotate off but it stops the rotation which i need enabled. Got the lerp working already but I cannot move the camera.

Try modifying the C0 or C1 of the arm that is holding the gun.

1 Like

Can’t believe a solution simple as this got the problem solved. Thanks a huge time.

1 Like