Camera Stuttering

I have made a First Person camera type for one of my projects and I have noticed the camera is stuttering… (I think that’s what you call it)

Do I use NetworkOwnership?

Video Example:

Here is script:

local Camera = workspace.CurrentCamera

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character
local Humanoid = Character.Humanoid

Player.CameraMode = Enum.CameraMode.LockFirstPerson
Camera.FieldOfView = 90
Humanoid.CameraOffset = Vector3.new(0, 0, -1)

for ChildIndex, Child in pairs(Character:GetChildren()) do
	if Child:IsA("BasePart") and Child.Name ~= "Head" then
		Child:GetPropertyChangedSignal("LocalTransparencyModifier"):Connect(function()
			Child.LocalTransparencyModifier = Child.Transparency
		end)

Child.LocalTransparencyModifier = Child.Transparency
	end
end

I’m not sure that the camera is doing the stuttering, it appears your character model is.

1 Like

It seems so. Is there a way I can fix this?

Can you try turning off Humanoid.AutoRotate? I had a similar problem but with a 3rd person camera, my character (not camera) was stuttering a lot with AutoRotate set to true.

When I have AutoRotate set to false, this happens:

Oh you should be able of fixing that by manually changing the HumanoidRootPart CFrame every frame to point towards the camera’s LookVector. Let me know if you don’t know how to do it.

Yes, I am unsure of how to do this. If you could show me that would be great :grin:

Sure! Here, I will put comments so you can see what each line of code does:

local Camera = workspace.CurrentCamera; -- we get the camera
local Character = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character; -- player's character
local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid"); -- character's humanoid
local RootPart = Character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart"); -- character's humanoidrootpart
game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
   Humanoid.AutoRotate = false; -- set to false every frame to make sure it is locked otherwise the stutter will occur again
   local CameraLook = Camera.CFrame.LookVector; -- we get the camera's lookvector which you can say is the direction it is pointing at
   local RootPosition = RootPart.Position; -- we get the humanoidrootpart's position as we want to keep the player to the same position as they are currently
   local RootToCamera = RootPart.Position + Vector3.new(CameraLook.X, 0, CameraLook.Z); -- we construct the vector3 that will make the new humanoidrootpart direction. We don't change the Y axis as that would rotate the character vertically and I don't think you want that
   local LookAt = CFrame.lookAt(RootPosition, RootToCamera); -- we use CFrame.lookAt to construct our new humanoidrootpart's cframe. The first parameter is the position we want the humanoidrootpart to be at, so its current position, and the second parameter is the direction we want it to point at which we calculated before
   RootPart.CFrame = LookAt; -- now we set the cframe!
end);

This code works perfectly for me, not sure if it will work fine too for you as i’ve never used it with LockFirstPerson before.

1 Like

It definitely stopped the character stuttering, however, it wasn’t locked in first person.