Camera transparent surface object

I have collision object with transparency = 1."
For Firstcamera view i correct, But for the „Camera Classic with zoom“ it doesn’t work for me
more video

Collision object

Thank for help

2 Likes

You can’t have camera collision with invisible parts without rescripting the camera or using meshes/unions with their collision set to something other than “Default” or “Preceise…bla bla bla”

Edit: Turns out I’m wrong, there was a trick I was unaware of.

1 Like

I found out how to actually do it really easily without scripting on basic parts.

For an example, place a normal block part and insert a block mesh into it, and set that mesh scale to (0, 0, 0), and then the wall will be invisible, but your camera wont be able to go through it

2 Likes

Seeing that you had a large amount of meshes in the tunnel, and thus a large amount of parts to keep the camera within bounds, I made a simple code for you to insert into the command bar to ‘insert’ it in all of the parts meant for keeping the camera in bounds. This will make the walls invisible and keeps collisions with the camera.

Code;

for i,v in game.Workspace:GetDescendants() do if v.Name == "InvisWall" then Instance.new("SpecialMesh", v); v.Mesh.MeshType = "FileMesh"; v.Mesh.Scale = Vector3.new(0, 0, 0) end end

..game.Workspace:GetDescendants().. = Obtaining a table where the invisible walls are located. Use this or specify a folder if you have one specific for the invisible walls and use <folder>:GetChildren().
..v.Name == "InvisWall".. = change the “InvisWall” to the name of your target parts. MUST be unique to only the targeted walls, otherwise you will turn everything invisible.
The rest stays the same, as it is what turns the part invisible.

If you inject the code, you get this result;

3 Likes

Thank you all for the answer.
But in the end I solved it using a pack with a script

I just had to change line 132 in script
StarterPlayer > StarterPlayerScripts > PlayerModule > CameraModule > ZoomController > Popper
132 part.Transparency < 1.1 and

codycheck

3 Likes