Camera/Character Lock Roblox Bug?

Hello! While developing my game I’ve ran into a bug. Essentially, the player will lock into a state of always turning towards where the camera is facing, imitating that of being in first person.

Things I’ve Already Tried:

• Disabling all of my scripts
  • Reinstalling Roblox Studio
  • Copying the default player module
  • Copying to a new place file

I first started experiencing this after the server outage a few days ago, and I haven’t made any major changes to any scripts since then, so I’m pretty confident this has nothing to do with any of my scripts, since this has never happened in the about a year I’ve worked on this.

Reproducing this bug is very inconsistent, and it can show up after just a couple minutes or up to an hour, regardless if you just left the window open or if you were doing something in it.

The only way to fix this is to close and re-open the Studio place, but this becomes very tedious and impacts my workflow, since it can happen very quickly, basically forcing this state to persist.

That’s another reason I think this could be a Roblox related, since everything works as expected, until the one time it doesn’t, then it just occurs forever until I relaunch the place. However, I could be overlooking something.

Videos of the issue are attached below. Observe how the character is continuously turning towards the camera’s direction.

If anyone has any insight on why this might be occurring, or has experienced this themselves, that would be very appreciated as this bug has been a pain to deal with.

4 Likes

Have you checked your plugins?

I’m pretty confident that I only have plugins from trusted creators, but after disabling all my plugins and trying again, the issue sadly still persisted

I’m also getting these issues ever since ROBLOX had some issues with their platform a couple of days ago. It didn’t happen often but it did happen sometimes, and whenever it did, I had to restart my studio in order for it to work propertly again.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one experiencing this issue.

Did you ever figure out or suspect the cause of this? This bug seemly is affecting me a lot more, since I get this every 2~5 play tests on my main place, and the only thing holding me back from trying to make a bug report is the lack of information on a cause.

I haven’t found a reason for it. It does happen across multiple games too, so it’s not just limited to 1 game (for me atleast). Someone I’m working with also has this issue.

Wish I could gave you more information on it for your bug report, but unfortunately I can’t.

This seems to happen to all roblox games

Yep. Hopefully someone can make a proper bug report about this because it’s affecting me pretty frequently.

This is the 4th post in last few days ive seen with this exact bug… one person solved by re-installing studio, but I can’t confirm this will work for everyone else. Worth a try though, since the outage left things wierd.

Yep, I’ve already tried reinstalling studio, sadly to no avail. I’m unsure of how to make a proper bug report right now, since reproducing this issue is extremely inconsistent and it’s very hard to determine a source.

Having the same issue here and it really messed up my work. I am currently working on implementing shoulder-camera and Camera/Character locking to my weapon system but due to this roblox bug i kept thinking something in my weapon code automatically enabled the recently implemented Camera/Character lock feature. Unfortunate timing lol

All those hours of disabling and checking my scripts for it to turn out to be a roblox bug :sad:

1 Like

Someone I know was having the same issue yesterday. I don’t know if it’s a bug on Roblox’s side or if it’s a bug in some sort of script/plugin.

A bug report with a similar issue has been filed!

While the reproduction steps differ from mines, the issue is the same so I’m hoping that when that one gets fixed, my issue will be solved as well, and hopefully this will put an end to the pain of needing to restart studio endlessly.

1 Like