I have a game that keeps the player stuck in first-person and teleports them to a third-person place. The problem is that the player’s avatar will mimic Shift-Lock mode even when Shift-Lock is disabled.
Similar to how the player’s avatar will always face the camera’s view when it is in first-person, the same behaviour occurs in third-person when they are teleported.
Steps to Reproduce:
1, Create one game and add another place within the Universe (there should be a total of 2 places)
2. The starting place (the place you first spawn when joining the game) should have the ability to teleport the player to the second place. Any method used to teleport is fine (Eg. touching a part, using ProximityPrompts, ClickDetectors etc…)
3. In the starting place, the Camera properties of StarterPlayer should have the following:
- CameraMaxZoomDistance: 0.5
- CameraMinZoomDistance: 0.5
- CameraMode: LockFirstPerson
- Join the game and teleport to the second place, the bug should occur 100%
I’ve also found another way to reproduce this bug. Step 3 can be completely ignored. Instead, join the game and bring the player to first-person view (the cursor should be stuck in the center of the screen). Then teleporting to the next place will replicate the bug.
I’ve made a game demonstrating this, apart from the instructions above it is a normal baseplate:
The starting place
The second place
Here is a video demonstrating the bug:
The camera moves normally at the start of the video, the bug is seen when I change the player into first-person and teleport.
I first saw the bug on May 2nd, before then players were able to view the front of their character while in third-person. I hope this helps!