Getting straight to the point; making cutscenes is hard. You have to perfectly position each block and make it look beautiful!- And don’t get me wrong, that works amazing! But what if it was automated: Just easier to use…?
CamTrack Automates this using the studio camera you use to move around- and tracks it’s position. It then generates a script you can use as a function or whatever you need, so then you can have a cutscene made entirely from the studio camera.
CamTrack is an easy-to-use and beginner friendly plugin, with only 5 buttons!
- Record: Records all camera movement in the current track.
- Add Track: Creates a track for movement to be simulated.
- Previous Track: Goes to the previous track, providing there is one.
- Next Track: Goes to the next track, providing there is one.
- Download: Inserts a script This goes in a folder in ReplicatedStorage by default, however if selecting something will go in that object. Selecting multiple objects won’t work, and a warning will appear. which plays this animation. This means you can copy that code, put it in a function in a normal script and run it, or you could just put the script inside and it plays in both scenarios with the closest to real-time speed.
If it’s beginner friendly, then what does it look like?!1! Is it really that simple?!1
Glad you asked!
Now, seriously guess where each of the buttons above fit into here- and I can almost gurantee you’ve gotten them right.
The order is:
Red Circle: Record
+ Symbol: Add Track
< Symbol: Previous Track
> Symbol: Next Track
Blue Square with arrow: Download
Now, you most likely got all of that right. And, you might’ve seen the grey timer. This is a (funnily enough) timer of the track you’re running.
I got something to tell you now… I lied to you… there isn’t 5 buttons… there’s technically 6!!! When you press record; there’s a pause button that appears- but that’s for another update… as long as this is actually a thing people use- if not, then there’s no point in it.
haha @PosFind beat you to it hahahahaha