Can a player actually interact with Images/Pixels?

Let’s say I have a gif, a series of playing images on a transparent, non-collidable part. Is it even possible to detect with a script, that a player is interacting with the image itself, not the part it is on? I have a fairly stylistic game, and I can animate in 2d. My camera is in a 2d view, my goal is to animate a looping waltz animation, with characters that can fly. So they would move all around the place. The dancers are an obstacle. I figured it’s easier to just animate the dance, then have the characters in one place, pretending like they are moving, while matching the movement of the part their on, to the animation. This explination is already complicated enough. No where have I found any info on this topic, neither denying or approving it. Other scripters I talked to dunno. I have no idea where to even begin with. Can anyone help out here?

2 Likes

It sounds like you have a sprite sheet and you want to have it animate, check this out

1 Like

no that’s not the question at all. My question is if a script can derect a player is interacting with the image, the pixels

2 Likes

Well your explanation is all over the place talking about pieces of information that didnt really support what your asking, but

No roblox doesn’t have built in any way for you to individually interact with pixels on an image, also why would a player need to interact with a pixel to have an animation play? You do realize you can have a series of images and then on a SurfaceGui with an image label you can have it flip through your images which is why I sent you the link the that module earlier…

2 Likes

Yes I do realise it. That’s not what I am saying. Ik how to make a gif play. I am just wondering if you can interact with the image, I said pixels to specify. I am not trying to make the player interact with every pixel. I was neither wondering if it was built in, of course it’s not. The game must know there is an image there cuz of a surface gui, weather it can detect whats on that image is a mystery to me.

2 Likes

Wait a second I think this might be it

1 Like

this looks pretty helpful ty. Is it fully released? I’ll update if it worked or not

3 Likes

YUP, I didnt even know about it its been a thing since like December of 2023

2 Likes

alr, lemme experiment with it then

2 Likes