Can a virus still affect me if I delete it?

So I got a plugin recently but I soon realized it inserted a backdoor script into some of my objects. (The script required a module). I uninstalled the plugin and deleted the script. There is no way it can affect my game now right? (Sorry if this is in the wrong category)

3 Likes

If you had deleted all the malware prior to removing the plugin you should be fine. Just for a precaution I suggest moving the work into another workplace.

You mean making a new game and copying all the assets?

Also I removed the scripts after I uninstalled the plugin. Is that ok?

Yeah that was for the better. Try to check if you can find any malware, if not do what I suggested and copy your game over to another place incase it infected something you didn’t see.

1 Like

What you mean by “malware” is any scripts that I didn’t make right?

1 Like

Malware as in any scripts that were added with the plugin which has intent to harm your game.

Following this, Malware is such:

• Backdoor
  • Lag script
    Most of them are named:
  • Spread
    And there may be fire in some of your models,
    even if the scripts are blank, delete them.
    They can still have script hidden inside far away.
1 Like

Yes. I got rid of ALL scripts that were not my own. I’m now copying the assets over to a different game. I’m safe now right?

Yes, what I think you should do is use GameGuard Antivirus plugin. Disable require as some of your own scripts probably use require. (In Gameguard plugin settings)
Gameguard:(Go in studio, open the settings for GameGuard and look at the bottom right)

1 Like

I have been affected by virus plugins twice, and both worked differently. I’ll explain what they did, which might help you in your case.

The first virus plugin I installed managed to add virus scripts into already existing scripts. They would add a comment saying something in the lines of “This script has been checked by Plugin name here and is safe!”, and then hide a require() function in the same line by moving the function thousands of spaces forwards.

The other virus attack I had just added extra scripts into random parts or models. These were easy to get rid of, as I just had to remove them.

So what I would do in your situation, is to open the “Find and replace” tool, and the search for all require() functions, and check if they are requiring any unknown modules.

1 Like

Should I still move all the assets to a different game or is that unnecessary?

You shouldn’t do that, instead use Gameguard Antivirus(Perfect) will most likely remove any remaining backdoors.
Here was my previous reply:
“Yes, what I think you should do is use GameGuard Antivirus plugin. Disable require as some of your own scripts probably use require. (In Gameguard plugin settings)
Gameguard:(Go in studio, open the settings for GameGuard and look at the bottom right)”

1 Like

I am slightly skeptical of that plugin though due to it’s low like/favorite count.

A virus can affect you in all ways. When I was developing last year, these viruses really off trying to remove them till roblox removed them. Some viruses can really dirt up your game depending on what type of virus it is. They can create like multiple hidden scripts that malfunction stuff, backdoors and other stuff that can screw your game up. Sometimes deleted things that HAD viruses in them can literally still affect you. They can still go into your game after deleting the source. So make sure you explore everything in your game to check that it is fully removed.

It’s made by a Official Developer, it’s very trusted. I use it all the times to get out, I look through the plugin, no backdoor, also when I put in a FM with a onpurpose virus to test, it works.
Edit: look at the dev forum reviews, the roblox ones are botted and fake.

Also, Unnecessary, if you deleted the viruses, they are gone for good. Scripts from a FM/Model cannot make other scripts. If it was a plugin, uninstall the plugin.

I can ensure you that my plugin doesn’t have any backdoors. Check the source yourself if you would like to. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the necropost.